Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Month Two of the July '15 - June '16 Army Painting Challenge.

Get cracking then! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I was originally going to do a Sicaran for this month, but given that I'm only in the country for 8 days and can't spend every minute painting, I've gone for something more...manageable. So I will be painting a chaplain for my legion. Photo to follow

Edit: Here's my before photo

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
It's no Sicarian (something I won't be doing because I can't afford one for a while), but to celebrate the release of Age of Sigmar, I will make TWO mandatory entries for this month;

A 5-man unit of Stormcast Liberators, and a single Sydonian Dragoon. I will consider both of these mandatory entries for this month, and if I fail either of them, I will fail the month (in my own eyes).

Let the painting begin!

LotN

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
For me, Avenger Strike Fighter will be my primary, and a possible secondary will be a Militarum Deathstrike - if I have all the right bits! I'm also going to start work on Elspeth von Draken, but I don't know that I'll be able to do her justice in just this one month...

·
To The Dark Tower Came
879 Posts
So for month two I am going to paint, you guessed it, another ten guardsmen.

Now that i have the paint scheme down etc I might be able to fit in something else in the month, we will see. I am also trying to convert some steel legion guys into using mortars, because, well why not?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Time for my first set of electro-priests. For the glory of the Motive Force!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Would I be able to enter this a month late? I just got back into the hobby and started painting again last Thursday...So I dont have an unit that would have been painted solely in July. As I only undercoated before the 1st of August.

·
Registered
726 Posts
These are cultists for my Alpha Legion army so this'll be my second army, Empire being first. I'll probably be sticking with Alpha Legion for a few months at least, I have a nice shiny new Helchicken on the way and I'm itching to buy an Alpha Legion contemptor from FW.... and a Sicaran.... and Hell Talon.... and a Fire Raptor.... I need a job

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would I be able to enter this a month late? I just got back into the hobby and started painting again last Thursday...So I dont have an unit that would have been painted solely in July. As I only undercoated before the 1st of August.
Sure, you've only missed a single month mate :good:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Here is my finished entry for this month, Chaplain Orsai of the 17th Millenial:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Finished the first set of cultists for my Alpha Legion. The idea is that because Alpha Legion are all about their spy networks and corrupting loyalist forces from the inside, all my cultists would be guard models which would then be able to cross over into my future renegade army once I expand on what I already have enough. All of the imperial eagles are supposed to be very subdued on the models and I still haven't decided which scenic bases to get for my chaos so I've held fire on painting bases yet so I can get them looking similar colour-wise.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.