Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Month Three of the July '15 - June '16 Army Painting Challenge.

Avanti!!!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Month Two of the July '15 - June '16 Army Painting Challenge.
*clears throat a bit*

Ah well, I suppose I didn't quite make it on my entry for last month. Got another 75% painted unit to go with my other half dozen. Ah well, I can call it "tabletop field-able" and leave it at that, I guess.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
This month, I will be doing my Sicaran! I'm on holiday at the moment so I'll upload pictures when I'm back.

·
To The Dark Tower Came
879 Posts
Didn't manage to make it last month month, was desperately painting away when I saw the thread get closed :cray:

Going to save this space for when I finish my ten guys today or tomorrow, depending on how bad my exam goes. :laugh:

And for this month I am going to take a break from painting guardsmen and do a pair of sentinels. I might try and get a command squad done aswell in an attempt to redeem myself in front of my fellow heretics.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Shit, I was going to enter this and forgot. Is it too late? I swear on the Emperor's shriveled danglers that I will paint three squads this month if I am allowed to enter.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shit, I was going to enter this and forgot. Is it too late? I swear on the Emperor's shriveled danglers that I will paint three squads this month if I am allowed to enter.
Nope, not too late. It'll just be tougher :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hodor

Nope, not too late. It'll just be tougher :)
TY! Awesome, then I have a unit of Scouts, a Command squad, and a Tac squad, all representing my own highly customized take on The Raptors Chapter. The few that are more than primed I will be repainting.

Edit 9/29/2015: DONE I said I would do three, and I did.

Command Squad

Catachan Scouts

I couldn't do my tactical squad, bc I want to magnetize them all. I painted a couple of HQs instead.

·
To The Dark Tower Came
879 Posts
Hey everyone,

So I managed to get my guardsmen painted yesterday and based them today:

Made some changes to the sergeant, for some reason who ever I got them from decided to chop his head off, so I cleaned it up and used a head from the catachan command sprue, his chainsword was also broken so I replaced that with a cadian one.

And here is the starter photo for my sentinels, one of them is old and is going to be taken apart and re-painted. The second one is new and still in pieces.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Wow, molto swift there Gunslinger! I'll be painting this Avenger Strike Fighter that I've had lying around, and then after it, something else. Something amorphous in my mind as of yet...

·
To The Dark Tower Came
879 Posts
So yea, a massive improvement on the last two months, done my primary option in four days.
I'v been having a massive painting boner the last few days so I am going to try and keep going with a platoon command squad with a nicely converted autocannon team in.

So here are my finished sentinels:

I'm really happy with how they turned out. If you look closely you can see that it is a kind of mottled blue armour plating, with a couple of layers of drybrushes and washes.

Overall I think they match the rugged, abused look that I am going for with my guard, with them having been fighting a few year long war over the planetary capital and in all honesty, they are losing.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
I'm really happy with how they turned out.
Fair enough too mate, you've got a cracking pair of lascannon sentinels there, they'll cause some headaches on the tabletop I'm sure!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.