Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Happy New Year, Heretics! Welcome to the Army Painting Challenges thread for January, month seven of the challenge and the first month in the APC's new home in the Project Logs section.

As stated in the December thread, I've decided to move us over here because the APC isn't really a "competition" as such. :)

Anyway. AVANTI!!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm going BIG for the first painting 2016.
Finally going to painting my Stompa! Built it over Christmas, and I'm genuinely excited to put paint to plastic for this.
Hopefully I'll also get to do my Nordicus challenge too, one Gorkanaut on standby.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Forgot to post what i'm painting this month. The Stormcast are returning as I tackle the Lord-Relictor, the first of the three HQs in my Stormcast Host.

LotN

·
Registered
633 Posts
I submit to you;
Recovered and rebuilt in the Grand Forges Temples of Sidera Maris, the Omnissiah permits the rebirth of on of its favorite sons; a Thanatar Siege-Automata, Izyx-Ramerius-41.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Man, the OSL on those rhinos is beautiful. Very subtle, not too much as can sometimes happen. The flame motifs are very nicely done. For a standard transport, you should be chuffed with those. :good:

Gorkanaut complete! That's my primary and Nordicus challenge done this month.
Going for some infantry next month, probably my burnas tbh.

Im going to revisit this for finishing touches when I get a chance, it needs some highlighting, and the lights all need work. But for now, he's good to go for the tabletop.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Stepping up for the Nordicus Challenge this month.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts

I have no time to finish my entry. All there is left to do is the bases but since I don't have been able to resupply my Rinox Hide I have no way of finishing it. Guns and crew is finished beside the above. I leave it to @Tawa to decide if the level of completion is enough or if I need to pull my firs RL-card this month.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yet another RL card from me too :cray:

Having moved house in November my total output has been zero. However I have bought some nice paint pot stands and have started putting together my painting desk ready. Maybe I might get some time in February to do something.....

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Nordicus, thou art a machine.

My entry this month is finished at last, the Lord-Relictor. The Celestial Vindicators scheme continues much the same here, but with some unique additions for the Relictor. The purple symbol and candles are to honour Nagash and act as an emblem of the Death Magic that the Relictor wields. The silver text and blade on his standard were painted with a 1:3 mix of Guilliman Blue and Lahmian Medium to achieve a bluish shine but not actual blue metal. I went for black on the skull and bones to contrast with the white shoulder pads and light(ish) blue armor, which I think has paid off with a rather imposing figure.

Very pleased with how this figure has turned out, and now 1/3rd of my Stormcast HQ is finished. The Lord-Celestant and Castellant will come in the future, though in what order I am unsure.

LotN

Attachments

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All there is left to do is the bases but since I don't have been able to resupply my Rinox Hide I have no way of finishing it. Guns and crew is finished beside the above. I leave it to Tawa to decide if the level of completion is enough or if I need to pull my firs RL-card this month.
Meh, I'll let you slide seeing as it's just the bases mate :) Besides, I think @Nordicus has done enough work for everybody! :laugh:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.