Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here we go boys and girls, the first month of your July '15 - June '16 Army Painting Challenge.

Ready? GO!!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm easing myself into this, as I have a Green Tide to paint. I've got 18 boyz painted so far, so only 82 to go!
This month, it's 20 Boyz to get started with.
You can see the rest I have to do sat in the background.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
My first month's goal;

Clade Beta-Omicron-15 (Five-man Ranger squad with Transauric Arquebus)

Will start work on them tomorrow, and yes they are not 100% assembled; this is because doing so makes it near impossible to get at the back of their legs and the interior of their cloaks. Once their legs and interior cloaks are painted and sealed, then I will glue and work on the exterior.

LotN

·
Registered
202 Posts
To start this year I'm going for a unit of 3 Warbikerz

Just finished building them almost ready for painitng.

Toy Army men

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Well, most of my minis are in storage right now, so the only minis that aren't already half-painted or painted in my possession are this squad of 3 "bikers" (read: fantasy Hellstriders whose upper torsos have been replaced with CSM armor) with icon--I guess that makes them my entry for the month! Seeing as they were somewhat slapdashedly assembled, and I lacked proper backpacks, two of them have sort of "winged hussar" crests snipped from the Dark Vengeance Ravenwing bikers instead. Will probably replace those when I have more backpacks readily available. I'm pretty sure I have actual biker bases I could dig out and swap them onto, too, by now, rather than Fantasy cavalry bases that have had a 25mm slottabase snipped at the slot and stuck onto each end (as nearly perfectly as that approximates a 40k biker base...)

·
To The Dark Tower Came
879 Posts
So my first unit will be a squad of steel legion guardsmen:

I have to paint strip them and do some minor conversion work so i may put up another photo once they are "really" paint ready.

Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
108 Posts
This month I will start on my Ravenwing Black Knights. I started before taking a picture of "before" since I didn't have a camera handy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Obliatory challenge complete; 15 Spirit Hosts (counting as Chaos Spawn for my Crimson Slaughter) done:

And a close-up of these haunting beasts:

Now on to the Sicaran!
Absolutely brilliant work Nord. Truly masterful.

LotN

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.