Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Month Four of the July '15 - June '16 Army Painting Challenge.

Ready? Off you pop then! :laugh:

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
I will be taking it to a new level, as I'm itching to try something new.

I will be starting my Nurgle department for real now, and I will be painting both old and new models. I liked the new Nurgling theme so much, that I will be painting everything I have in that department, so I removed the paint from the following models:

- 20 x Plaguebearers
- 2 x Daemon Prince
- 1 x Herald of Nurgle

And I supplied them with the following new units:

- 20 x Plaguebearers
- 1 x Herald of Nurgle
- 1 x Great Unclean One (FW variant)

And I will be painting all of it this month. The entire collection looks like this:

For the sake of the challenge, my main submission is my Great Unclean One and the rest of the army is my Nordicus Challenge submussion.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Wow, hectic Nord. Godspeed!

For myself, I will be painting some volume of models as well, though I will start with 10 IG riflemen and my third Wyvern.

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
To The Dark Tower Came
879 Posts
As some of you may have seen I'm getting back into fantasy, or age of sigmar :puke:
So I am entering my lizardmen as my second army choice.
I am in the process of making my first 16 Saurus warriors, so I will put up a picture when they are all made.

Here are my Saurus Warriors made:

Cheers

Oh last thought, I wasn't going to base them until I know what is happening with the new round bases etc, is that ok?

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
202 Posts
Time for a HQ for my speed freaks which will give me a playable 500 point army :biggrin:

This month is the Warboss on a bike from Forgeworld

Auto part

Edit: opps its upside down... Nevermind its still visible

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Ok got some guys done up:

Here we have - 10 man infantry squad
Commissar
Officer of the Fleet (Unbased, not sure which group he needs to fit into yet)
Scout Sentinel (with guidon)
Wyvern no#3

Still to come this month will be a second (and possibly third) infantry squad to boost numbers in my 'Emperor's Shield' formation, Commissar Yarrick, and a third Techpriest to swap one of my others out (and allow him to live in the warhound titan). Pic taken, but not on the internet yet.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
While I'm still waiting for the correct base size for my Great Unclean One (Seriously, they changed that after I bought the model...) I finished the rest of the challenge. So here is the whole batch:

And here are a few individual shots:

Daemon Princes of Nurgle:

Heralds of Nurgle:

Plaguebearers:

Not bad for 2 weeks work, if I do say so myself.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Wow Nordicus. Wow. Just... awesome, speedily done and looking splendid. Those Demon Princes are inspiring, when I eventually revitalise my chaos I'll be taking a truckload of inspiration from your works.

Hey @Haskanael, thanks man!

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
awesome work guys
Thanks a bunch :good:

Wow Nordicus. Wow. Just... awesome, speedily done and looking splendid. Those Demon Princes are inspiring, when I eventually revitalise my chaos I'll be taking a truckload of inspiration from your works.
Shucks man, thanks! You let me know if you need anything from me when you get there - Always willing to help!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
That is such a cool kit Loli! How did you find the assembly of it?

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
That is such a cool kit Loli! How did you find the assembly of it?
Honestly it was rather smooth and fun, it's largely assembled with blutac for now since I just thought it would be far easier to paint that way. But I assembled it without glue ands tac first and it largely just slotted in. The part that goes into the tank tracks required a bit of force to get in since it's a bit of a tight fit. Otherwise everything else just slots in. Though it's a bit of a pain getting your second track piece to fit since if you screwed up with the placement of the other one just by a little it throws it all out.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts