Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
In answer to the allies question. No you cannot choose allies, besides making it more complex for me to administrate it could potentially allow you to enter 4 different codex entries, which defeats the objective. If you want to use allies they will count as your second army choice.

Count as models, well that may be different. If it is actually representing something from the codex then thats fine, but if I think your not sticking to the rules I will let you know.

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
In answer to the allies question. No you cannot choose allies, besides making it more complex for me to administrate it could potentially allow you to enter 4 different codex entries, which defeats the objective. If you want to use allies they will count as your second army choice.

Count as models, well that may be different. If it is actually representing something from the codex then thats fine, but if I think your not sticking to the rules I will let you know.
awe spoilsport ;) how are we meant to torment you if you won't let us choose irritatingly fiddly model/unit combos?

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
I'm in for another round, but I'm going to start grad school soon and I still have a career and a family . . . so no wagers on whether I can complete a second full competition.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would like to join in too, if that is alright, I need some form of motivation to get cracking with a ton of Orkz which have been grey or smothered in undercoat black for too long now.

I have University exams in May however so would it be possible to use one of those 'too much real life' tickets in the first month if I get too desperate?

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
I have University exams in May however so would it be possible to use one of those 'too much real life' tickets in the first month if I get too desperate?
You can use them whenever you like, but the danger of using it in the first month is that you never get going at all. Once you get that first month done you get a roll going that sets you up for the rest of the challenge. Even just try and get one HQ model in to start you off without putting on the pressure of getting a big mob done while studying.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I want to give it a shot! I have been collecting models to start a CSM army! I work alot and the old lady has been giving me crap about paypal purchases but I will do my best! I have a squad of zerkers already primed, does that disqualify them? And what about 5man havoc squads and 3man termicide units? Are they too small to qualify?

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Yuuup, looking forward to trying my hand at one of these, since the build-up of unpainted models of mine has gotten to dangerous levels.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I want to give it a shot! I have been collecting models to start a CSM army! I work a lot and the old lady has been giving me crap about paypal purchases but I will do my best! I have a squad of zerkers already primed, does that disqualify them? And what about 5man havoc squads and 3man termicide units? Are they too small to qualify?
Based on the rules for the last couple years, their all fine, primed is fine

All that's needed to qualify is a tabletop legal unit. You can have a legal unit of 1 vehicle, 3 termis or a character

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks Barnster! Can't wait to do this. I bought a airbrush and have put off base coating my guys just so I can participate. Lol!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
I would love to do this, but won't get back from this work trip until mid-June. If I work hard and catch up some units over the rest of the year, can I still join?

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
And what about 5man havoc squads and 3man termicide units? Are they too small to qualify?
While they're perfectly legal entries,you might consider bulking them out a bit just to feel more accomplished with yourself--I, for instance, am considering doing a 10 man Havoc squad for my second month, though I often play with 5 man Havoc squads: the 5 extra CSM with boltguns will fit right into the rest of my army as basic CSM, though I'm painting them as part of the Havoc unit. And what's to stop you from painting half a dozen Termis in one month as one squad when you might intend to field them as 2 Termicide units?

21 - 40 of 56 Posts