Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
294 Posts
HQ

Battle Marshal..............................................................................................................105 Points
Name | WS | BS | S | T | W | I | A | Ld | Sv
battle marshal | 5 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 5 | 3 | 10 | 3+
Unit Composition:
1 Battle Marshal
Unit Type:
Infantry
Wargear:
Reinforced Taccom Body Armor (3+ Sv)
Vibrosword
Firestorm Pistol
2 Combat Implants (Chosen at the begining of Game, see Combat Implants in Wargear/Other Equipment).
EMP, Frag and Krak Grenades
Special Rules:
Call in a Strike
Combat Tactics
Independant Character
Survivor
Options:
Replace firestorm pistol and/or vibrosword with the following:
Assault Rifle............................................. .................................................. ...............Free
Firestorm Rifle............................................. .................................................. ....+5 Points
Combi-Flamer, -Melta, or -Plasma............................................ ..........................+10 Points
Power Shield, or Power Sword............................................. ..............................+12 Points
Plasma Pistol, or Lighning Fist.............................................. ..............................+15 Points
Power Fist.............................................. .................................................. .......+25 Points
Relic Blade............................................. .................................................. .......+35 Points
Personal Force Shield (3+ Invul Sv)............................................... ....................+35 Points
Replace Reinforced Taccom Body Armor with Unisoldier Body Armor................................+20 Points
Take Melta Bombs............................................. .................................................. .......+5 Points
Take Digital Weapons........................................... .................................................. ...+10 Points
May Ride a Jetbike........................................... .................................................. .......+35 Points
If he doesn't ride a Jetbike he may wear an 'Ares' Battlesuit........................................ ...+35 Points

· Registered
294 Posts
Elites

Ghost Warriors | 3 | 5 | 3 | 3 | 2 | 5 | 1 | 10 | 4+

Mask presence: This is a psychic power. When you pass a psychic test this unit cannot be targeted by ranged weapons. This test can only be taken once per turn on your turn.

Unit type: infantry
number/unit: 1-5
Force type: elites
Equipment: Azami sniper rifle
Special rules: Mask presence

Hades' Battle Squad | 2 | 4 | 3 | 4 | 2 | 2 | 1 | 8 | 4+
Once again a Greek god name so once again divine influence on unit creation. I have made a melee, a template, and a medium ranged so I think this should be a ranged assailant. I picture these guys(girls?) being in slow suits with enhanced ranged support modifications. They aren't easy to move around in (so that explains the slow initiative, and weak melee) but have special aiming devices (hence the good bs). I think it should be a squad of 5 minimum with one unit being able to purchase a special weapon per 5 models. There should be 5 choices. ( Acheron, Cocytus, Phlegethon, Lethe, and Styx)
*work in progress*

· Registered
294 Posts
Fast attack

Name | WS | BS | S | T | W | I | A | Ld | Sv | Isv
Anzirai scout drone | 2 | 4 | 2 | 3 | 2 | 4 | 1 | 10 | 5+ | 4+

Eye in the sky: Equipped with advanced targeting sensors, the drone assists supporters in suppression fire.
*when targeting any enemy unit with model within 12" of a Anzirai scout drone, the attacking squad adds 2 to their BS. This only applies to small and large blast template weapons.*

Silent running: Part of the job of scouting is staying hidden from those you're tailing.
*When in terrain the Anzirai scout drone gains a +2 bonus on it's cover save vs ranged attacks*

Unit type: jump infantry
number/unit: 1-3
Force type: fast attack
Equipment: Anzirai force bubble, Assault rifle
Special rules: Eye in the sky, Silent running

Hellfire Troopers | 4 | 3 | 3 | 4 | 1 | 4 | 1 | 8 | 4+
I figure Hellfire Troopers would come with either a weak pistol(free) or a template weapon(+5 points per model) and all the models in the unit must be equipped the same way. I picture them as people in small(weak) enhancement suits with an gas tank built on the back. They definitely need a helmet on the model. (so to prevent skin melting due to constant flame thrower heat)
*work in progress*

· Registered
294 Posts
Heavy Support

Ares' Battle-suit | 6 | 0 | 6 | 6 | 4 | 1 | 4 | 8 | 3+
I Picture these guys being slow hulking melee monstrosities. They are named after ares and I quote: "Though often referred to as the Olympian god of warfare, he is more accurately the god of bloodthirst, or slaughter personified." So I think these would be best as melee and not ranged combat or support. Possibly armed with some kind of claw or Axe-like object to tear open heavily armored foes.
*work in progress*

Infernace | 4 | 4 | 5 | 5 | 3 | 4 | 2 | 8 | 4+
This would be the heavy version of the hellfires. I thought it would be odd to have the same named unit fill two slots with different things. I picture this as a single model unit armed with a flame thrower, large template blast weapon, and either a weak many-shot gun or a melee weapon. I was thinking a more durable suit similar to a mech with the weapons built into the arms and shoulder. Possibly with a jump pack. Hell from above anyone?
*work in progress*

· Registered
294 Posts
Troops

Tactical Infantry team.................................................. .....................................................75 Points
Infantryman | 3 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 1 | 3 | 1 | 8 | 4+
sergeant | 3 | 5 | 3 | 3 | 1 | 3 | 2 | 9 | 4+
Unit Type: Infantry
Composition: 1 Sergeant and 9 Infantrymen.
Wargear: All Infantrymen wear Taccom Body Armor, the Sergeant has the Rangefinder Implant, a Firestorm Pistol, and Combat Blade, the infantrymen have Assault Rifles with targeters. All Infantrymen have EMP, Frag, and Krak Grenades.
Special Rules: Combat Tactics, Combat Squads, Survivors**
Dedicated Transport: Tactical Infantry Teams may take a Vanguard Dropship as a dedicated transport.
Options:
* May include up to ten additional infantrymen
.................................................. .................................................. .................................+10 Points per model
* May become Hardened Veterans (+1 WS, +1 Ld)
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................+20 Points
* For every ten models in the unit one infantryman may replace his Assault Rifle with any one of the following:
-A Flamer............................................ .................................................. .................................................Free
-A Grenade Launcher, or Meltagun.......................................... .................................................. ............+5 Points
-A LasPulse Rifle, or Plasma Gun............................................... .................................................. ........+15 Points
-A Heavy Assault Rifle............................................. .................................................. .......................+15 Points
* The Sergeant may replace his Combat Blade and/or Firestorm Pistol with one of the following:
-A Chainword......................................... .................................................. ...............................................Free
-A Plasma Pistol............................................ .................................................. .................................+15 Points
-A Power Weapon............................................ .................................................. ..............................+15 Points
-A Power Shield............................................ .................................................. .................................+20 Points
* The Sergeant may take:
-Melta Bombs............................................. .................................................. .....................................+5 Points

· Registered
294 Posts
Sorry about the lag in reply time, but I work overnights and need sleepies from time to time.
How in the world did you make the table? That would have been useful a while ago.

· Registered
294 Posts
thank you, the tables make this so much easier to read.
Anyway, heres what I came up with at work.

Hades' Battle Squad | 2 | 4 | 3 | 4 | 2 | 2 | 1 | 8 | 4+
Once again a Greek god name so once again divine influence on unit creation. I have made a melee, a template, and a medium ranged so I think this should be a ranged assailant. I picture these guys(girls?) being in slow suits with enhanced ranged support modifications. They aren't easy to move around in (so that explains the slow initiative, and weak melee) but have special aiming devices (hence the good bs). I think it should be a squad of 5 minimum with one unit being able to purchase a special weapon per 5 models. There should be 5 choices. ( Acheron, Cocytus, Phlegethon, Lethe, and Styx)

Ares' Battle-suit | 6 | 0 | 6 | 6 | 4 | 1 | 4 | 8 | 3+
I Picture these guys being slow hulking melee monstrosities. They are named after ares and I quote: "Though often referred to as the Olympian god of warfare, he is more accurately the god of bloodthirst, or slaughter personified." So I think these would be best as melee and not ranged combat or support. Possibly armed with some kind of claw or Axe-like object to tear open heavily armored foes.

Hellfire Troopers | 4 | 3 | 3 | 4 | 1 | 4 | 1 | 8 | 4+
I figure Hellfire Troopers would come with either a weak pistol(free) or a template weapon(+5 points per model) and all the models in the unit must be equipped the same way. I picture them as people in small(weak) enhancement suits with an gas tank built on the back. They definitely need a helmet on the model. (so to prevent skin melting due to constant flame thrower heat)

Infernace | 4 | 4 | 5 | 5 | 3 | 4 | 2 | 8 | 4+
This would be the heavy version of the hellfires. I thought it would be odd to have the same named unit fill two slots with different things. I picture this as a single model unit armed with a flame thrower, large template blast weapon, and either a weak many-shot gun or a melee weapon. I was thinking a more durable suit similar to a mech with the weapons built into the arms and shoulder. Possibly with a jump pack. Hell from above anyone?

Now for the tactical infantry: They seem fairly decent however, I cant really make an official opinion until I find out what survivor does.
And for the weaponry: I make up my own when I can, but if thats difficult for you, I would take an "official" weapon and just rename it. Still original, but balanced. Sonic were done by chaos marines with good effect, but I'm not sure how emp would work. possibly prevent a vehicle for firing for 1 turn?
Well thats all for now, nappy time.

· Registered
294 Posts
There shall be no bowing. You're the creator, I'm just the psychotic little angel on thee shoulder ^_^
As per your request, the armor values have been upped to 4+.
Reliquary should be an HQ, especially if it has an important position in the hierarchy.
Well my brain's burnt out due to dew-induced insomnia. Anything you want me to work on?

· Registered
294 Posts
I seem to be currently drawing a blank.
Is the drone supposed to be a recon unit or is it supposed to be an explosive that stalks you then blows?
If its a reconnaissance: I can figure it would have something similar to a sniper rifle and a bonus for hiding in terrain.
If its a floating bomb: I picture it as being a floating orb that moves like a beast (extended charge range) and like a jumper (moves over terrain). Once it gets into base to base contact with an enemy model it will explode. I figure place a large blast template with the orb as the center.
I think that the sacrifice of a model is a fair exchange for a large blast template.

· Registered
294 Posts
I can see a jet being stealthier than a helicopter, so a jet it is.
Right now I picture a small jet that can hide in terrain, provides some sort of targeting assistance for other allied units within a certain range, moves like jump infantry, and has a medium strength weapon.
I also wanna include an upgrade that increases it's shooting range and another that increases the range of its targeting assist.
Hows that sound?

· Registered
294 Posts
I would suggest that you design the unique units first. But that requires fluff already in existence... If nothing else, Work down the list you made from top to bottom.

Okay, I haven't slept today so this might be a little lackluster.

Name | WS | BS | S | T | W | I | A | Ld | Sv | Isv
Anzirai scout drone | 2 | 4 | 2 | 3 | 2 | 4 | 1 | 10 | 5+ | 4+ |

Eye in the sky: Equipped with advanced targeting sensors, the drone assists supporters in suppression fire.
*when targeting any enemy unit with model within 12" of a Anzirai scout drone, the attacking squad adds 2 to their BS. This only applies to small and large blast template weapons.*

Silent running: Part of the job of scouting is staying hidden from those you're tailing.
*When in terrain the Anzirai scout drone gains a +2 bonus on it's cover save vs ranged attacks*

Unit type: jump infantry
number/unit: 1-3
Force type: fast attack
Equipment: Anzirai force bubble, Assault rifle
Special rules: Eye in the sky, Silent running

Name | Str | Range| Type |
assault rifle | 4 | 12" | Assault 3 |

equip idea: Anzirai force bubble: Specializing in force technology and being pacifistic in nature, the Anzirai go to great lengths to protect their creations. Appearing as a small turquoise orb about 6 inches in diameter, the orb creates a semi-permeable sphere of force around the holder.
* the Anzirai force bubble grants the equipped model a 4+ invul save in addition to any armor saves they may have*

What do you think? I'm not quite sure if thats too low on points for its abilities. I added in the bubble because if you have a peaceful race that has force tech theres bound to be some shields somewhere.

· Registered
294 Posts
Because they have an inv save and a armor, roll both. I think it goes T, Inv, Sv.
The new guy looks alright so far. I'm exhausted so its nappy time for me. Night,

· Registered
294 Posts
So from what I see, you want them statted as long range assailants that use psychic powers to hide themselves.
I'm thinking that they can only be attacked in an assault, but loose that option while they are in combat.
simplify: they cant be shot unless an enemy is distracting them.
What armor do you think they should have, and what race do they belong to?

· Registered
294 Posts
good night, I'll see you later.

Ghost Warriors | 3 | 5 | 3 | 3 | 2 | 5 | 1 | 10 | 4+

Mask presence: This is a psychic power. When you pass a psychic test this unit cannot be targeted by ranged weapons. This test can only be taken once per turn on your turn.

Unit type: infantry
number/unit: 1-5
Force type: elites
Equipment: Azami sniper rifle
Special rules: Mask presence

Name | Str | Range | Type |
Azami sniper rifle | 6 | 24" | Heavy 1 |

· Registered
294 Posts
I cant delete posts but I have changed the first few into unit display slots.

weapons:
Name | Str | Range | Type |
Azami sniper rifle | 6 | 24" | Heavy 1 |

Wargear:
Anzirai force bubble: Specializing in force technology and being pacifistic in nature, the Anzirai go to great lengths to protect their creations. Appearing as a small turquoise orb about 6 inches in diameter, the orb creates a semi-permeable sphere of force around the holder.
* the Anzirai force bubble grants the equipped model a 4+ invul save in addition to any armor saves they may have*

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.