Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For xmas I got a basic Eldar battle force containing 1 wave serpent, 5 dire avengers, 10 guardian defenders plus support battery, 1 vyper. I also bought 10 storm guardians. What would you more experienced players recommend I buy next? Also, how would you set up/equip my current army for maximum effectiveness?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Welcome to Eldar :victory:

To begin with I’d start with a farseer, another 5 dire avengers and a wave serpent.
I’d also get a fire prism.

Then I’d have the farseer with the defenders, have the fire prism behind them and use the two wave serpents to go forwards and take objectives etc and the viper to harass enemy heavy support units

Can you make the storm guardians defenders instead? The close range shooting is a lot better than cc for guardians.

What other armies are you likely to fight? I’d buy units based on what you fight as Eldar are like a toolkit – each unit has a specific role and as such some units will suck against some armies and others will be seen as horrendously evil.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Since I posted this i have purchase a falcon as well. I appreciate the advise. I will most likely battling Orks, Necrons, Space Marines, and other Eldar. I can't buy any more units for now, so any advise as to how to arrange the existing army would be most graciously accepted.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
The only way you could use your army at the moment is to use an unbound list – you have enough troops, but you need to have a HQ really.

If I were to use your units for an unbound list, I’d have the storm guardians on foot because they can’t charge out of vehicles without an assault ramp.

I’d put the dire avengers in the falcon and the guardian defenders in the wave serpent in so you could move up, jump out and shoot.

If you read up on the various tactica’s around the site and the net, that should really help with ideas for what to do with your current units. For example, the ‘optimum’ choice for a wave serpents gun is the scatter laser/shuriken cannon combo

I’d recommend getting a farseer – they pretty much double the damage my army does when I use them and you need a HQ really.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts