Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Imperial guard army led by a Colonel and i was wondering if this was a good theme for how he rose to be an army general.

Lieutenant Karras starred across the blasted landscape of the trenches. Most of the regiment had already turned heretic and if it wasn't for Karras's stern leadership the men in his platoon would have also. Dark grey smog covered the barren place. Dead bodies littered the land.

'Board the chimeras' said the Lieutenant after a short transmission from the general 'we are needed in the gorge'. The men knew what this meant an almost certain death. Chaos worshippers had so far destroyed every attack on the gorge where the warp rift was centered and the chances were that this attack would be no different.

A second transmission came in telling Karras that the force was to meet up with another platoon at the base of the gorge, then after heavy bombardment they would move up and disable (if not destroy) the corrupted artillery which had been plaging the force for months.
The troops leapt into their chimeras and drove away towards the gorge.

The other Platoon was weak and had a captain who seemed to think he should be in charge of the whole emperium. 'You were so late I was almost comfortable! I would think someone of your rank would come quicker even though you lack my experience, these comments were looked upon with dismay by Karras troops as they thought their Lieutenant a strong leader.

'Fire!' the men heard a call and the dispute between the leaders was forced to finish as three mud covered basilisks launched shells up the gorge. After a short period of reloading a second barrage had been fired.

'Into your chimeras!' called Karras and the squads leapt into the armoured transport. One more barrage fired and then the chimeras were away. After a few minutes the smog around the vehicles became thicker and lasgun shots could be heard. The transport drove on further and screams could be heard.

-Clang-

A huge claw had ripped into the side of the chimera just above a guardsman's head. 'Abandon the vehicle!' yelled Karras and the men leapt out guns blazing. The view was even worse than he imagined. Bodies lay everywhere and heretics attacked guardsmen with insane frenzy. Karras saw a chimera from another platoon explode before seeing the chaos spawn that had tore a hole in his chimera. Biting his lip the Lieutenant fired at the spawn before charging it and digging the chainsword into the beasts back. It sprawled on the ground before he finished it off with another laspistol burst.

The rest of the squad had already been charged by heretics. One guardsman was cut in half by a heretic with tentacles instead of right arm. In the desperate combat the ensued one guardsman managed to bury his bayonet into the tentacle armed heretic before three more guardsmen were killed. He decided to take his chances sprinting away. He was blasted to the ground by a heretic laspistol. Leaving just the Lieutenant.

No sooner had the final guardsman been blasted to the ground by a heretic than Karras had picked up a heavy bolter and had begun blasting away at the cultists. Blood sprayed everywhere as the cultists were shot to pieces by the heavy bolter. Karras then turned around to find he was surrounded by the pale skinned heretics. In a last ditch attempt to save himself he went mad with the huge gun blasting heretic after heretic to pieces.

That was when the drop pods came.

Four of them. All filled to the brim with space marines. In a matter of seconds the marines had already wiped out all of the heretics surrounding Karras, using bolt after bolt of ammunition.

Karras stepped up to the leader of the marines and said 'You were so late I was almost comfortable.'

Thanks for reading

·