Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ex Mod.
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone thing it would be a good idea to add a sort of army directory?

basically, iv noticed that we get a LOT of 'what army should i pick' threads coming up, with the same people posting the same thing over and over again, and all the other users ignoring it completely.

so, why dont we write up like a general picture of each army, its pros and cons and then put it in a sticky, for a new user to read through and pick without the rest of the forum repeating themselves. obviously, if they still had problems they should post up anyway.

opinions?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Sounds like an awesome idea, but my knowledge of the different armies are probably greatly inferior to other more fluff-oriented hobbyists.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I think I have the writing skills, but I really don't have that much information. But if you need someone to write it, I'm at your disposal.

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
id love to help out; im pretty well versed on the fluff for the imperial armies and some nonhuman armies, i understand the rules very well
beesids, i haz can reede gud skilz

·
Registered
62 Posts
I could easily help, I've read pretty much every codex so i have a pretty good idea, but the stuff that we post will be more of our opinions won't, so they might not like that idea.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I can write very well. Unfortunately, my experience is really only with Imperial Guard and WH/DH lists.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Would it be a flow chart type thing. So option 1 close combat or shooting....pick close combat follow the line....horde or small and elite....somthing like this would be cool...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yeah sounds like a cool idea. Maybe have a core 500 point force listed for each army as a starting point for new players to expand on.

You seem to get a lot of people who are new to the game or starting a new army asking the same questions, so I think this is a good idea.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
if you still need help after all those volunteers, i can chip in. i'm fairly well-versed in fluff all 'round, better with imperial forces, and i've got fair writing ability....as for army lists, not so much, but let me know if y'all need an extra hand....:biggrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts