Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you call the characters in your army, if you have any name for them. And also, what equipment they have and any potential backstory.

And oh, pics too would be awesome.

Mine:

Master Iscariot (Has the profile and stats of master Belial of the Deathwing) - Terminator armour, The Blade of Vengenace (master crafted power weapon) and a storm bolter. (There's a picture of him below)

Not much backstory for him. All I have made up this far, is that he is the brother of the Fallen who betrayed the three chapters that were later joined together into the Angels of Vendetta, and almost led them to their demise. His bitterness is still strong towards him (I haven't got any good name for him yet), but out of what remains of his brotherly love, he rather wants to make him repent and sent into exile rather than just slain.

Interrogator Chaplain Levitticus (Bible names are so apropriate for tne Unforgiven) -Terminator armour, Corzius Arcanum, storm bolter and Rosarius. (I have only planned on making him, but I'll upload some pics of him when I've asembeled him)

Nothing for this guy yet.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
I have a few.

Master Ezekial Zaphia (Artificer Armor, Iron Halo, Power Sword, Combi-melta, True Grit, Counter-Attack, Bionics, Melta Bombs, Frag & Krak Grenades, Admantine Mantle)

Captain Davien (Artificer Armor, Power Sword, Combi-melta, True Grit, Counter-Attack, Frag & Krak Grenades)

Marius The Cursed (Epistolary, Artificer Armor, Force Axe, Combi-Melta, True Grit, Counter-attack, Familiar, Melta bombs, Frag & Krak Grenades)

Master Chaplain Krae (Terminator Armor & Honors, Crozius, Rosarius, Storm Bolter, Melta Bombs, Frag & Krak Grenades, True Grit, Counter-Attack)

-Dirge

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I have Colonel Percival G. Butts and a few other named models... all from the fan-fic I wrote a while back (check the forums). Pics are also in the gallery.

In addition are Farseer Chivi'queleste (jetbike, RoWit, Guide, Spear) who basically has a bug up his butt and a huge chip on his shoulder.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have Colonel Percival G. Butts and a few other named models... all from the fan-fic I wrote a while back (check the forums). Pics are also in the gallery.

In addition are Farseer Chivi'queleste (jetbike, RoWit, Guide, Spear) who basically has a bug up his butt and a huge chip on his shoulder.
Hahaha.

I may be a little too serious when it comes to names. But if things go as planned and I'll do an Ork force after I've finished my Unforgiven, I'll try to make some really funny names! (Even though I can't actually be intentionally funny... :()

·
Registered
821 Posts
>> I have a couple of named characters in my SW army. They are:

>> Wolf Priest Greymane, Wolf Lord Sven Blackwing, Rune Priest Lars Oakenbrow, Wolf Guard Battle Leader Mikael Sternfist and Venerable Dreadnought Ironclaw. Thats it.:shok:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have only a couple models, but I named them because I was bored waiting for the glue to dry.

I have Lieutenant Trevayne, because the name is funny to say.
Veteran Grenadier Sergeant Ponte, Veteran Grenadier Sergeant Starke, Ogryn Bone'ead Grunt, Ratling Commander Clique.

That does leave me a difficult question. Should I Pointe and Clique or Pointe and Grunt to get my message across?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have only a couple models, but I named them because I was bored waiting for the glue to dry.

I have Lieutenant Trevayne, because the name is funny to say.
Veteran Grenadier Sergeant Ponte, Veteran Grenadier Sergeant Starke, Ogryn Bone'ead Grunt, Ratling Commander Clique.

That does leave me a difficult question. Should I Pointe and Clique or Pointe and Grunt to get my message across?
Lol... Nice names. But I didn't understand the question, as the sentence made no sense.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
This is going to take a looooooonnnnnggggg time

for my space marines Known As
The Serpents who originate from the jungle world of Serb

Chapter Master

Venerable High Lord Salas Sinkoran
(Master)Terminator Armour and master crafted Lightening claws and what ever else I think will be required.
He was made chapter master after the first company was destroyed by the
Darkness of Serb.

Lord Chief Magister
Sarrathor Salac (Chaplain)
Master crafted crozius
terminator armour
storm bolter
Lord Magister
Sayden Sapha (Chaplain)
Master crafted crozius
Jump pack
bolt pistol
Artificer armour

Sintron Pugnator
Ashok Calcus (Libraian)
Might of heroes
Force weapon
familiar
Artificer armour

Arsenal Master
Balthazar Armilla (Master)
Master power weapon
master power fist
Combat shiled
terminator honours

Flet Master
Salazar Calazis
(Master)
Master thunder hammer
Adimantine mantle
Artificer armour

Recruit Master
Sarsus Sedair (Master)
Bolter
Master power weapon
auspex
Teleporter homer

Watch Master
Cassius Custose
(Master)
master power axe
Storm shield
Artificer armour

Brother of the Jewel
Sicarius Zorzu (Master)
The Serpents Tounge (master power weapon)
Bionics
Iron Halo
Terminator honours
He is the current Brother of the Serpents most prized posesion, The Jewel of Serb. When ever a brother dies a ancient ritual takes place to choose the next Brother of the Jewel.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is going to take a looooooonnnnnggggg time

for my space marines Known As
The Serpents who originate from the jungle world of Serb

Chapter Master

Venerable High Lord Salas Sinkoran
(Master)Terminator Armour and master crafted Lightening claws and what ever else I think will be required.
He was made chapter master after the first company was destroyed by the
Darkness of Serb.

Lord Chief Magister
Sarrathor Salac (Chaplain)
Master crafted crozius
terminator armour
storm bolter
Lord Magister
Sayden Sapha (Chaplain)
Master crafted crozius
Jump pack
bolt pistol
Artificer armour

Sintron Pugnator
Ashok Calcus (Libraian)
Might of heroes
Force weapon
familiar
Artificer armour

Arsenal Master
Balthazar Armilla (Master)
Master power weapon
master power fist
Combat shiled
terminator honours

Flet Master
Salazar Calazis
(Master)
Master thunder hammer
Adimantine mantle
Artificer armour

Recruit Master
Sarsus Sedair (Master)
Bolter
Master power weapon
auspex
Teleporter homer

Watch Master
Cassius Custose
(Master)
master power axe
Storm shield
Artificer armour

Brother of the Jewel
Sicarius Zorzu (Master)
The Serpents Tounge (master power weapon)
Bionics
Iron Halo
Terminator honours
He is the current Brother of the Serpents most prized posesion, The Jewel of Serb. When ever a brother dies a ancient ritual takes place to choose the next Brother of the Jewel.
Woah, that's one hell a lot of characters.

And the names... They all kinda have this strange sound to them, as if they could be names of people with a common cultural origin.

What's that about? Are they a refference to any specific culture? And in that case, what is the conection between that culture, the world they live on and how the chapter looks and is organised?

Awesome anyways. :biggrin:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Lol... Nice names. But I didn't understand the question, as the sentence made no sense.
That's what I get for trying wordplay. Both my father and my brother are punsters, so I sometimes try drop a real groaner here or there.

Both "point and click" (to select and open something with a computer cursor) and "point and grunt" (to communicate by pointing at something and grunting) are relatively common expressions in my exerience, and things just lined up so that I could use them realitvely effectively. In this case, to "Pointe and Clique" in this case would be to put the Stormtroopers and Ratlings in a position to shoot a lot, and to "Pointe and Grunt" would be to use the Ogryn and Stormtroopers to assault. Both are fairly representative of the idea behind the expressions.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I get for trying wordplay. Both my father and my brother are punsters, so I sometimes try drop a real groaner here or there.

Both "point and click" (to select and open something with a computer cursor) and "point and grunt" (to communicate by pointing at something and grunting) are relatively common expressions in my exerience, and things just lined up so that I could use them realitvely effectively. In this case, to "Pointe and Clique" in this case would be to put the Stormtroopers and Ratlings in a position to shoot a lot, and to "Pointe and Grunt" would be to use the Ogryn and Stormtroopers to assault. Both are fairly representative of the idea behind the expressions.
Oh, I see. I'm not so good at common expressions in the english language, as I a m not a native speaker. But now I get it.

*false laughter* Ha, Ha, Ha.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Woah, that's one hell a lot of characters.

And the names... They all kinda have this strange sound to them, as if they could be names of people with a common cultural origin.

What's that about? Are they a refference to any specific culture? And in that case, what is the conection between that culture, the world they live on and how the chapter looks and is organised?

Awesome anyways. :biggrin:
My army is called the serpents and when i think about the word serpent i think about names with lots of 's' and 'z' in them. They all come from the planet of Serb which is why they have a common culture. I have been adding to the fluff and character of my DIY chapter for almost 5 years.

ps thanks for the interest.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My army is called the serpents and when i think about the word serpent i think about names with lots of 's' and 'z' in them. They all come from the planet of Serb which is why they have a common culture. I have been adding to the fluff and character of my DIY chapter for almost 5 years.

ps thanks for the interest.
Hehe, no problem. Interesting anyways.

·
Registered
145 Posts

Dw I got it, id use the ratlings and storm troopers to shoot the hell out of stuff and then hit wats left wit the ogryn :) point clique and grunt

·
Registered
800 Posts
i have lord nylus inheriter of nurgle

and my favourite..., commander foulacy the contained.. with his warscythe (man reaper) he is a leader of the plague ship ascension ex
hes one tough nut

and demon prince cansidious

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have lord nylus inheriter of nurgle

and my favourite..., commander foulacy the contained.. with his warscythe (man reaper) he is a leader of the plague ship ascension ex
hes one tough nut

and demon prince cansidious
Cool... Just how many points is your army?

·
Registered
800 Posts
too much :p nah only bout 1500 now as i sold alot when i quit playing but now am getting back into it

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
My main army is 5500 points, and It'll be more when I pick up my Linebreakers. Muhahahahha! Death to the enemies of Zaphia and Kytharia!

-Dirge

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My main army is 5500 points, and It'll be more when I pick up my Linebreakers. Muhahahahha! Death to the enemies of Zaphia and Kytharia!

-Dirge
And death to the people with unibrows!

Right?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts