Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never needed one before, but DE = lots of flying bases, spikes etc. Also lots of vehicles. My boxes and bubble wrap won't cut it for too long I fear.

Can anyone tell me which cases they have found to be good? I don't need it to be super-tough, but durability is a factor. Price is obviously important too, but not neccessarily the over-riding factor.

As I will have lots of flying bases and vehicles (for the first time I am collecting a bit as well as playing) I am going to need a lot of space, but I am happy to get several small cases or large, so any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
http://www.kaiserrushforth.com/ Do multiple case styles that you can load out with custom foam, and they don't cost that much different to the GW cases. Alot of people I know recomend them, especially if your in the uk.

Otherwise, Battlefoam is meant to be good.... but I'll point out that GW is bringing out a new 'Monster Case' that looks like it can confortably fit 2 stompas into it... Its meant to be released at the end of the october.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
For flying units, and other oddly shaped models, I'd definitely use foam trays. You don't need an official army case though, unless you really want one. Any box that's large enough to snugly hold the foam trays will do. In fact, with the more fragile models, I've found that the 'snap shut' army cases can actually be counter productive, since they squeeze the models, sometimes breaking them.

Use foam trays, and carry them around carefully, in whatever method is most comfortable for you.

·
4,491 Posts
Just scored some tupperware containers from a $2 shop, and some carpet underlay from a friend.
Carpet underlay is basically just half-inch foam.
Probably not the best for fragile metal models (such as old deamon prince), but for plastics its perfect.

All up, got 3 trays to hold 100 Ork Boyz, and a box to hold 12 vehicles, plus all the foam, for a grand total of $12AUD/USD (about 7-8 GBP).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts