Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the same as the original, but with any type of projectile weapon that is protable.

I'm not super smart when it comes to weapons like these, many say that gun "XYZ-123 AB.C" is amazing for so and so.

I know I would choose any decent, silent, stable sniper rifle with a good magnification and little kick.

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Rather depends on the situation.

If you're not so choosy about what you are going to hit, but need a cheap and reliable weapon I'd go with the Kalashnikov AK47. Put it in a puddle of half frozen water, run it over with an armoured car, pick it up and fire. It is also a very easy to use/mantain weapon with virtually no 'hardware' problems. And with the added advantage that all parts of nearly all variations on the AK47 are interchangeable. This also makes it a very adaptable weapon, which can include such options as a grenade launcher, improved barrel and larger ammunition clips.

For more precise stuff a SIG SG 552 would be useful, both due to its low weight and accuracy. Plus a telescope and/or bayonet can be added.

And just for the sheer fun of it I have to mention Dirty Harry's 44-calibre magnum, slow firing and reloading but man what stopping power.

·
Registered
999 Posts
M-16 with scope and underslung M203. Perfect firearm for all comers and most situations.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
I would of Said FN-P90, or an SA80, or even a Steyer BUT i noticed you said GUN :lol: and Guns are what you will find mounted on tanks and Battleships, or used as field GUNS, unless you refer to SMG's of course.

so the Gun I would arm myself with would be the British made
Main 120mm/4.72in L30A1 Gun

(120mm Rifled gun found on Challenger II MBT's, better than that caveman produced 120mm smoothbore rubbish found on the Abrams)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Gun is the term the civvies use.

Caveman produced...
Stella my son, how much Google-Fu did you have to use to look that up?

Do we really need a cock-measuring contest between her majesties armed forces/ equipment and the forces of the US of A? I assure you it's fruitless and likely to cause nothing but a bunch of chest-thumping and animosity.

I'd reccomend "letting a sleeping dog lie" as it were.

:wink:

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
well during Basic training, my Corporal ordered us to always measure our cocks (shall we say) with Yanks, and well I have to carry on his orders *sigh* its a hard job, but somebody has to do it I guess :lol: :p

Now why not carry on with your "Guns" and rifles and pistols etc

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
You had Corporals in Basic?

When I went to Basic (well...OSUT: One-Station-Unit-Training. Infantry and the combat arms branches went to OSUT, when non-combat-arms types went to Basic and AIT. OSUT is just having Basic and AIT and any other training all at one place...a really LONG basic) We didn't have anyone around under maybe E-5 (Sergeant). All the Drills were Sergeants, Staff Sergeants and Sergeants First Class. All infantry except one guy who was CMF 18 (Special Forces) who was a bloody savage we were all terrified of. Mostly all Airborne Troops, so we ran a LOT.

After Infantry OSUT, Jump School was a cake-walk. Three weeks of jogging and fake jumps with a five-jump climax. Big Whoop. After that RIP sucked. RIP is the Ranger Indoctrination Program, to see if you can hack it in a Ranger Battalion. Dude...seriously...it sucked. After that it's off to a Ranger Battalion. High-Speed...Low-Drag. Lots of PT, especially running. Eventually you get to go to Ranger School and get "tabbed". (Before you go to ranger school you don't have the coveted "RANGER" tab, just a scroll patch like everyone else saying yeah, I'm in a Ranger Bat.). Never went any further than that...actually I got injured in Ranger school, so I never got tabbed anyhow. Transitioned to 11M (Mechanized) from 11B (Light). Mechanized-land was fat and lazy. Almost everyone was a leg (non-airborne), and un-motivated. It sucked. I made E-5 in just over 4 years. After three tours in the Balkans (Bosnia, Macedonia and Kosovo) I was done, and decided to get out.

Whoa...I digressed...a-lot.

The military was a good experience. Glad I'm done.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Well it was called RTC (recruit training course, I just say Basic) and we had half screws (lance corporals) Full screws (Corporals) and SGT's (sergeants) we were basically blessed with every rank (including a jackass RMP Major, he was an ass)

·
Registered
359 Posts
There's also a difference between BCT (Such as I attended at Fort Sill in 1999) and the first part of IET (Initial entry training) that many other non-combat arms soldiers attended. I was non-combat arms so I didn't do OSUT, thankfully. I was a 31F.

·
Banned
801 Posts
(120mm Rifled gun found on Challenger II MBT's, better than that caveman produced 120mm smoothbore rubbish found on the Abrams)
Oh, that's right, you NEED rifled guns because you still use shell ammunition. How quaint.

The Abrams, on the other hand, fires Sabot rounds that do not need rifling and do not rely on anything actually working inside the shell to work. It is basically a piece of metal wrapped in metal, and physics does all the work.

Also, the Abrams tank is purportedly capable of firing a new round that works like a tank-mounted shotgun. A shotgun. On a tank platform. That automatically beats just about everything.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
winchester rifle its just so cool the way it reloads

·
Registered
954 Posts
Ok well im not going to get into the arguement about which army/hardware is best. We all know the stereotype of the average Brit/American soldier and what they think of each other! All im going to say is;-

The General Electric 20mm Vulcan M61a1 gatling gun! Because that thing will make you a "god damn sexual tyrannosaurus."

MarzM :mrgreen:

·
Registered
821 Posts
>> Automatic combat shotgun, desert eagle for side arm and an AK.

·
Registered
821 Posts
MarzM said:
The General Electric 20mm Vulcan M61a1 gatling gun! Because that thing will make you a "god damn sexual tyrannosaurus."

>> Thought it was the chewing baccy that made you a sexual tyrannosaur.? Maybe thats why all i got was brown teeth :D :oops:

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
cccp_one said:
and anyway, we all know tha americans cant go to war nowadays without the brits...
of course not, the Yanks need us, how else will they get there target practice in :wink:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts