Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so if the gun has ap 2 it can shoot at a terminator and the terminator gets no armour save correct? if the save is greater or equal to the ap rating of the gun no armour save?? this has always confused me and my friends..

·
Registered
23 Posts
just look at the rule book.....

If the AP value is equal to or less than the save, no save allowed. Terminators still gte their 5+ invulnerable though

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Also note that AP1 weapons deny everyone an armor save, and also always penetrate vehicles if they roll equal to the AV.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Also note that AP1 weapons deny everyone an armor save, and also always penetrate vehicles if they roll equal to the AV.
That first part is a given wouldn't you say? :) Also AP - means you can only glance a vehicle.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
ap2 always ignores armor as well, because as far as I know, there are no +1 armor saves. (wait, maybe those necron beetles..)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nope. No 1+ saves in 40K, only in Fantasy (where there is also 0+ and even -1+). They'd be irrelevant anyway since 40K doesn't include save modifiers and a 1 always fails.

·
Registered
89 Posts
ap2 always ignores armor as well, because as far as I know, there are no +1 armor saves. (wait, maybe those necron beetles..)
As said above there is no +1 save, and I belive that necron scarabs have a 5+ save, which is the worst save of the army, as most Necrons have a 3+ save. They are like little power armoured undead guys!

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
I was just making things clear. A common question is "If there;s no save better than 2+ then why have AP1?" I figured I;d answer it before it was asked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts