Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Warsmith
1,192 Posts
This list is supposed to make small arms fire pointless. I wouldn't take it against Dark Eldar, but I think it could be pretty intimidating.
I do like the start of the list, its very close to a list I have been using to much success

HQ

Chaos Lord - MoN, Power Sword, Burning Brand, Gift of Mutation
Warpsmith - MoK, Gift of Mutation, Plasma Pistol
I would drop the Plasma Pistol on the Warpsmith, he has a Melta and Flamer anyway so a combi-weapon works well... (I would almost advise a Combi-flamer, with the flamer in the MoK squad you can unleash 3d3 flamer hits in overwach if anyone decides to assault the Rhino! (which is quite fun)

Troops

9 Marines - MoK, AHW, Flamer, Icon, Power Fist, Gift of Mutation
-----Rhino - Combi-Bolter, Havoc Launcher, Dirge Caster
9 Plague Marines - Icon, Melta Gun, Plasma Gun, Power Fist, Gift of Mutation
This is OK... though, I would make the plague marines have 2 Meltas and add a Combo-weapon on the AC in both squads, (Combi-flamer in the Plague marries and Melta in the MoK squad).

Iam not sure about Icons.. I dont use them myself. Not sure why.

Elites

Helbrute - Missle Launcher, Plasma Cannon
Helbrute - Missle Launcher, Twin-linked Lascannon
I would drop the Missile launchers and keep the power-fist and add a Heavy Flamer (if you have the points). These will be walking up and be geting up-close and personal eventually and the Power-fists make them much better in CC and the Heavy Flamer helps for removing troops from cover. (I also have found the Plasma Cannon to be... a poor choice on the Helbrute but that may just be my local meta-game)

10 Chosen - MoS, Icon, 2x Flamer, Melta Gun, 2x Power Fist
-----Champ - Power Sword, Plasma Pistol, Melta Bombs, Gift of Mutation
A mixed squad. Would have 2x Flamers, 2x Melta and 1 Power Fist.. and drop the Plasma Pistol from the champion. (May be add a Combi-Flamer or Melta on the champ)

Forgefiend - 3x Ectoplasma Cannon
Vindicator - Siege Shield, Combi-Bolter
Good choices, Iam not sure on the 3 ectoplasma cannons.. feels a bit like its asking for gets hot result.

Predator - Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Twin-linked Lascannon, Combi-Bolter, Havoc Launcher
Eh, I would advise that you drop the Lascannon, or add Lascannon sponsons and drop the Havoc and Combi-Bolter! If you have IA:13 then the relic Prediter as a AP3 Autocannon that works very well with heavy bolters and havoc launchers (even more if you pay for rending on the bolters).

But I recommend keeping Lascannons with Lascannons. But I know this is a very debated issue.

· Warsmith
1,192 Posts
I just want to say that a single Gift of Mutation on a HQ has won me games, yes its random but for 10pts is an upgrade for a warlord that may make him that bit better.. and I think its worth a 10pt gamble.

But I would never bet more than 20pts of a 2000pt list on something that may not do nothing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.