Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I need some basic advice. I am making my very first army. How should I arm my Ultramarine Terminator Chaplain? The options I have (modelling wise) are either his Eagle Rod Thing (Crosius??) and a Thunder Hammer, or the Eagle Rod and a Stormbolter. What would you choose and why?

Also, can Chaplains be armed with an Assault Cannon? If so, would this be a good idea?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Chaplains can't take assault cannons. I'd say Crozius and storm bolter. It's 25 points cheaper and Chaplains already have a good CC weapon. If you want thunder hammers attach your chaplain to a terminator assault squad.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Part of the cost of the chaplain is his crozius-- you've already paid for it when you've purchased the chaplain. It's not cost effective to replace it. The cheapest off-hand weapon, for lack of a better term, is the storm bolter-- so it's not a bad thing to give him. Besides, the stock model comes with a storm bolter and it's a pain to replace it with anything else. That being said, a combi-weapon of any variety isn't a bad choice for the good chaplain either, since he can rapid-fire and still charge, but also have the option of using a plasma rifle, melta, or flamer once per game.

·
Banned
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies so far.

If I understand correctly, there is really no in-game benefit to the Chaplain having two close combat weapons, one in each hand? (Aside from him looking really psychotic).

Now that you mention the combi-weapons, I do have combi-melta and combi-flamer arms around here. Do they have any major drawback compared to the Stormbolter?

·
Ex Mod.
4,245 Posts
not much of a benefit, he is only allowed to use one per turn. however, i think terminators still get the extra attack for having 2 close combat weapons, so he will get that.

combi weapons and storm bolters on a terminator dont really have much of a difference. the stormbolter is an assualt weapon rather than rapid fire, meaning that it can always fire 2 shots, at 24" range and the combi bolter can only fire 2 shots at 12" as it is rapid fire. however, the combi weapon will have either a melta, plasmagun or flamer which can be used once per game, and for that reason i think it is a better gun.

but, the stormbolter is cheap and its a pain in the arse to weapon swap the model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts