Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I'm not surprised, because it's bullshit. GW have said time and time again that they're not going to remove any armies the way they removed Squats again, because the community backlash was so strong. And that was with one, not even widely played army. To remove one 8th edition, popular book, and two that people have been baying for for four years? No.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only was I can see them getting away with this is if they merge them with other armies. So brets becomes part of the Empire. Wood Elves becomes part of High Elves and etc.

·
Warlord of Vermin
882 Posts
phewwwwww! for a second there i feared my skaven would be squatted.

hopefully you are correct MidnightSun it would be a real shame to see those armies go

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah i'm not buying these rumours one bit, but why all the hate for a rumour blog?

Just take everything on there with a pinch of salt or stick to official sites because some BS will always get through on it.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
The only was I can see them getting away with this is if they merge them with other armies. So brets becomes part of the Empire. Wood Elves becomes part of High Elves and etc.
Like the "Ratlings" became part of the Imperial Guard.......BS I say! In any case I'm curious if the transfer of models to Forge World is a sign that GW might be near a collapse. If they are selling their stores in Germany (where 40k is very popular, not so sure on Fantasy) then they will loose possible revenue. However if sales are that bad over their then perhaps they are being forced to IOT survive.

Either way could mean new company will possibly buy them out? Maybe drive the price of models down?

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
Yeah i'm not buying these rumours one bit, but why all the hate for a rumour blog?
Because they post idiotic crap like this that they overheard their cousins girlfriend talking to a janitor at a store next door to GWs.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Because they post idiotic crap like this that they overheard their cousins girlfriend talking to a janitor at a store next door to GWs.
To be fair it's a rumour site where people send him rumours to his inbox, so anyone could send him BS - infact I might send him a message in a bit telling him that my GW Red Shirt cousin who works at Warhammer World in Nottingham was told by his boss that GorkaMorka is getting rereleased as a mystery box to coincide with the release of Codex Orks. :laugh:

Seriously though, he's got a few right (White Dwarf going weekly being one of them), but again, it's a rumour site... you've got to expect BS.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Are people jumping to this conclusion because of the 9th ed rumor? If 9th ed is coming out this summer, then that means a few armies won't be brought up to speed in the time between now and then.

I don't understand the logic behind ditching armies, surely the cost of making them is dwarfed by what they earn from players that play them.

·
Registered
480 Posts
BT was essentially Squatted, so dont act so surprised when it happens again.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
If they do anything they'll roll armies back into one book, like Khemri and VC into Undead, and BoC back into Chaos, so on and so forth.
If anything bears out, I think this is it. While GW have been expanding the miniatures lines/armies, it's possible they intend on retrenching. Which to be fair is a tried and true businesses practice. Get a good idea (or seemingly good idea) expand and follow it. Keep going until it is no longer useful, back off until you address in the safe zone again.

Many business do this. They pursue a new operating procedure following their projections, which won't be totally accurate. They may over shoot the sweet spot, then need to regroup and try again.

GW has done this before. Think GW stores in the USA. They expanded too quickly and in the wrong places. Lost money. Closed stores. Waited a few years and tried again.

If there is any truth to this, GW's projections indicate that they pushed too hard, made too many distinct armies and need to consolidate them. Ditto with regional management structures.

I recommend:
Grain of salt + skepticism + patience.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts