Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BOOM, surprise release. *throws money at the screen*

Was it not for the fact that its written by ADB then it would be a complete money grab, but I am sure the guy makes the novella worth the money. :)

And then we have this one. Wonder whatever its "Available while Stocks Last" Ascension of Balthazar style, or available whilst socks last and fuck you if you did not buy it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That looks like a hardback release? wil buy though, as Helsreach is one of the best novels ADB has ever written, plus the Novella i imagine is going to contain the celestial Lions!

Where did you find this out?

·
Deathwing Commissar
1,846 Posts
Take my money already!!!

To Lord of Ruin: they were advertised on the Black Library website. :)

EDIT: pre-ordering the eBook makes it available 12 July...

·
Registered
493 Posts
second book seems to flesh tearers fighting orks,
seems to be seth at the cover,
interesting that Grimmaldus is back to back, since the celestial lions are getting their arses kicked (according to Lexicanum)

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Oh fuck me. I finished my Helsreach reread the other week.

Buy now; guilt later. Let the catechism of BL buying be heard!

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Not even if it was signed by ADB. There is no way in hell that i'm spending £20 on a book that I already own just to get a novella, not even if it was a Night Lords novella. I'll find another way to read it.

LotN

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not even if it was signed by ADB. There is no way in hell that i'm spending £20 on a book that I already own just to get a novella, not even if it was a Night Lords novella. I'll find another way to read it.

LotN
That feeling seems familiar. On the other hand I can always throw my copy of Helsreach at one of my friends. :grin:

I am curious though... if I pre-order it now, when would it be send? next week or?

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

LotN
Maybe this is for you then?

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Maybe this is for you then?
Perhaps, though I dislike ebooks. If no physical release beyond the novella is planned then the ebook it will have to be.

LotN

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hrmm... I would probably have bought this if they had kept the same format of the other battle books so I could have just replaced my Helsreach with this book. But of course its a hardback so it will stick out like a sore thumb on my shelf... and like LotN said, its soooo damn expensive for a book I already own and a simple novella?? I am sure without a doubt that it will be a fantastic read, and I certainly want to read it... but not for $30 or as a ebook.... What a bummer announcement :( Was hoping for a full blown sequel novel, or at least a novella hardback release so it can match my Flesh of Cretacia space marine battle novella... :(

·
Deathwing Commissar
1,846 Posts
I mean no one any offense, but this just strikes me as a very selective version of "First World problems"! :biggrin:

·
IRONBORN
424 Posts
Damn, that Armageddon cover looks sick. Never actually got around to reading Helsreach, which is strange seeing as i like Black Templars and ADB. I guess I'll have to buy this then.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
What gun is the CL using? Too big for a bolt pistol. Waaaaaaay too slim to be a bolter.

...On second thought, maybe the author took some artistic license on the bolter?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I took it as maybe a stalker bolter because of the scope, with an added forward grip. You can see the mag being expended, so imagining where the mag would go... it seems like the standard look of a bolter to me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have read neither book and would not consider this. I don't consider ADB to be that great of an author, a bit to overhyped IMHO. But beyond that $30 for a pretty thin hard cover is well above the norm.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I don't suppose anyone whose read Blood and Fire could provide a summary of the plot, spoilered of course, for those of us who have no interest in buying the novel reprint. If the ebook is out then someone may have read it by now.

LotN

1 - 20 of 52 Posts