Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts
Discussion starter · #63 ·
I'm taking some time off to get some terrain for me and my wife to play on.

I'm working on a set of desert hills.

Here's the proof of concept piece for the materials and techniques I'm using:

And here are the pieces I have planned:

As you can see they store quite nicely once piled up against each other.

They are very versatile and are a great mix of board coverage and convenience. I'm also using just cheap materials so these come dirt cheap and are very lighweight to carry around.

Discussion starter · #64 ·
Long time since my last post. Things have been moving.

I've had time to put some more color in more demons for my wife's army:

I also got some Gauss Pylon Counts-as from TTCombat finished for my crons:

As well as finishing a set of hills and cliffs so we can play at home when we don't feel like going over to the club.

More pics of the table, as well as its building process, here: https://wargamingrebel.blogspot.com.br/2017/10/hobby-desert-table-finished.html

Whole lot of great stuff going on here! So many things to take in, it's all quite glorious. The Necrons are just awesome and super characterful. How are you liking those Pylons from TTCombat? I've heard and read some gripes about the size but for the cost I'm having a hard time not buying two :laugh:

Discussion starter · #67 ·
Whole lot of great stuff going on here! So many things to take in, it's all quite glorious. The Necrons are just awesome and super characterful. How are you liking those Pylons from TTCombat? I've heard and read some gripes about the size but for the cost I'm having a hard time not buying two [emoji23]
Glad you like my stuff!

I find that the MDF pylons serve my purposes (casual narrative games) just fine. They are indeed smaller and if my opponent ever complains about that I'll simply play it "always in LoS, never in cover" which is basically how the FW model would be under 8th edition.

I think that for the price these guys are they are a solid purchase. Can't recommend enough, but again, I'm not going to major tournaments with those [emoji14]

Discussion starter · #69 ·

I managed to squeeze in more five deathmark drones so I can have a shot at taking down the changeling when playing against my wife's tzeench Demons.

As for the demon Prince, it'll have to wait a bit at this stage until I get more of her army table top ready. My plan is to finish a few more units (she loves screamers) and then I'll finish a few heralds to nail down the final colors and effects I'll be using. Then the first piece I'll work on is that guy. He's just too awesome bit to!

Discussion starter · #71 ·

I just acquired a space wolf army.

An old friend built this army. He shares the same passion I have for making a uniquye force, everything from his army is customized: From the kitbashed Wulfen to the crazy large thunderwolf cavalry, every piece is a kitbash on its own. From what he tells me every non helmeted space wolf has a unique head, making each and every one of them a character in their own right.

There are a few WiP models in the army so you can expect to see some space wolf figures showing up on my progress from time to time now.

The bulk of the power-armor infantry. Every unit type is identified by the shoulder pad markings and/or unique backpacks.

The terminators are a joy to look at with every single one having several customized bits and some very cool custom-characters.

Nothing could've prepared me for what I would feel as I unpacked this thunderwolf cavalry... every model is unique and superbly done with custom bases (each base from an enemy faction) and the largest, meanest thunderwolves I've ever seen! I had no idea these came in such large sizes and they are a joy to behold on the table!

Some scouts and more power armor units and heroes. You can also glimpse the custom Wulfen in the background.

These stunning dreadnoughts use a mix of bits and parts from the whole space wolf range and beyond.

Although light on armoured support, the army still can hold its own with two rhino/razonback/whirlwinds and a mighty land rainder.

The knight titan supports the space wolf army as well as the cool-looking stormfang gunship.

I'm thrilled to have such a large force ready-made and in such short notice. My early self-bought christmas gift and I can't wait to put them on the table!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #72 ·
This model was exciting to assemble and paint. It's a deviation of the standard heroic scale from GW with delicate hands and thin arms more akin to infinity models.

I hope you like it. If you are a chaos player, definitely give it a go.

I've also written a battle report for a narrative campaign I'm playing with a friend.

It puts a small space wolf recon team being ambushed by chaos demons. I've tried to write it in the old White Dwarf style with lots of flavor and lots of pictures, let me know what you think!

Discussion starter · #74 ·
It's been ages since I have been painting this Tzeench Demon Prince but it just refuses to get to the next stage.

On the meantime I've also started working on some alternative gakis for my Morat. They are Lycals from the game eden.

Discussion starter · #75 ·
My new Lychguard are done! Really happy with the result, even if I had to make up a weapon due to inadvertently using one of the swords in another conversion

I've also had time to assemble these wraiths.

Discussion starter · #76 ·
Had some time to create these three blue foam pieces. The central one was actually a failed attempt at making a Sentry Pylon for my army. I need better foam carving and cutting tools, a table cutter would be especially handy.

Did there craters in a day for a big campaign finale game. PretryPhappy with the results given the time frame.

I also did three more Wraiths (front row) to boost up my defensive builds.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.