Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
U Mad Bro?
2,777 Posts
Arthur.bobany ...

I am diggin what your tossing down here in this thread! I absolutely LOVE the Doomsday Arc! I was looking for a way to do up the FW Millipedes from the Necron line and I think you have got my creative juices flowing in a direction I can work with!

Cant wait to see what you have coming up next! Keep up the excellent work!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I think you have got my creative juices flowing in a direction I can work with!
Thanks a lot and I'm glad to hear you are also feel the call to raise your legions once more!

I'm taking a break from my Necrons to finish my Infinity Morat so I can play that system as well, I only need 7 more Infinity miniatures and I'll come back to my crons!

I've been very busy with work, but I managed to do a few hobby sessions early in the morning and get these two guys finally done.

That marks my first two miniatures of the year!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Nice necrons dude, the pics do them justice.
Thanks man! I really appreciate it.

I've previously posted a Myrmidon hacker I did as a test for my wife. I'm now moving forward with her initial forces.

I'm still struggling with the clear finish of these miniatures. I dislike how the high contrast makes them look cartoony, but it's the technique I know and I want to have them ready to play with her ASAP, so I'll have to live with these results for now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So I have a tournament coming up in three months time. So much to do!

Here's the list of what I need to finish for it:
5x Warscythe Lychguard
1x Night Scythe
10x Scarab Swarms
6x Wraiths
2x Tomb Spiders
3x Tomb blades

Luckly, I have previously assembled the tomb blades and half the scarabs, but all else must be done from the start.

Só today I spent a good amount of time planning and got a few units assembled.

Here are my Wraiths. I dislike the perching position of the official miniatures. I also think they are a tad too big, so I slimmed them down a bit and made them more like a scorpion. My thought is that they impale their victims with the tail and dismember them with their claws.

My first five lychguard. I thought about magnetized weapons, but I lack the time and correct magnets for the job.

Finally, I started assembling my version of the tomb spider. I love the official model but I'm short on cash, so I'll just use my original kitbashed idea.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Some great conversions there, particularly the wraiths. While they are nice minis out of the box, I agree they are a bit to stiffly posed.
Thanks! As I said before, I also dislike their sheer size, so I managed to slim them down a tad.

Today I managed to have some more progress towards my first tournament list!

5x scarab swarms - 70%
3x Wraiths - greenstuffed their tails
Tomb Spider - primed
5x lychguard - primed

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Keeping up with progress, here are four Lychguard (still missing their blade final paint) and some base coating on the Tomb Spider (who needs a better name since, well, its not a spider).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Love the tomb spider conversion lad, really Nice!
Thanks! I can't wait to have it finished, but I've been really swamped at work for the past few days.

Despite that, I've made progress on basecoating the canoptek constructs.

Hope you enjoy my progress!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I finally have the minnimum requirements to run a Canoptek Harvest!

My first three wraiths

And the Tomb Spider!

Add them to my previous batch of Scarab Swarms and you got a happy little canoptek family!

I also started working on the last of my five Lychguard. This one adds a little dynamism to the bunch as he finishes off a fallen opponent with a Warscythe stab on the chest!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
No time to rest!

I'm preparing the second canoptek harvest now. Starting with more scarab bases, aren't they cute?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Wargaming in Brazil has its challenges. The two main ones are the high cost due to import shipping and taxes and the shipping time. That means I can't get new models on short notice.

So what do I do when, just a couple months before the big tournament, I change my mind about my list?

Well I scavenge the leftover lychguard pieces and cast a few more to make praetorians on top of my lychguard!

I used insta mold and epoxy putty to make tails, chest pieces and rods. The pieces are lower quality, but will be hardly noticeable after painting and will definitely hold to a tabletop standard.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts