Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

this came up in a game but wasn't sure as I couldn't find a reference to it in the 7th ed book. I know from the older editions that if a unit is embarked on a transport it is considered moving if the vehicle does for shooting purposes. however in the 7th ed it says all vehicles are relentless. so does this confer onto the unit embarked inside it. I ask only because I was playing a dark elder player and he had 5 guys on a venom I think it was with salvo weapons and was moving and firing at the greater number of shots, claiming that because the vehicle is relentless so are all the units aboard. I couldn't find anywhere in the book which says otherwise. I am I just getting this confused with old edition rules or have I missed it in the new BRB. or has GW done one of their usual things and stuck it in the book in a totally different irrelevant spot.

cheers guys
Woodzee

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's what I asked him to do, to show me where it says that they do. to which he replied "it doesn't say they don't. then used an example if a vehicle has the infiltrate USR then all units embarked on that gain the infiltrate with the vehicle. so I could see his point and argument. I still think that if it moves you are still counted as moving otherwise why wouldn't you put a Dev squad in a rhino moving and firing at full BS with heavy weapons or 12 ork lootas in a trukk firing with out snap shotting while it drives all over the place (albeit that lootas only have BS 2 anyway) but you get the jist of it.

i'm all for the treated as moving as this is the way I've played it for years otherwise it is opened up way to much.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Nope. Nooope nope nope nope nope. Part of the reason it was such a big deal that Chariots got sorta-Relentless rules in their wording for riders, this edition, on account of the Exalted Flamer on a Burning Chariot of Tzeentch only having Heavy shooting profiles. And why my Noise Marines with Blastmasters in Rhinos are such a static gunline.

I mean, isn't it "squads with Infiltrate confer it on their designated transports," rather than "vehicles with Infiltrate confer it on the unit inside them"?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts