Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i just read this and thought WTF. i can understand that the way it is today it is difficult to tell how old a girl is, especially with them entering puberty much earlier then when i was a teenager, but this guy assaulted a 9 year old...man oh man, the Jimmy Saville scandal is opening up all sorts of worms now.....

http://news.sky.com/story/1088447/savile-case-led-to-persecution-lawyer-says

yeah so Jimmy Tarbuck could be getting that gig Live at her Majesties...just not in the way he wanted. Then Again, Bill Roache, Rolf Harris, Stuart Hall....man the prison panto is looking promising this year

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
All this is going to change is that all the teens getting pregnant will be doing so legally.

If some old man bones a teenager, legally or no, she can still scream "RAPE!" and get a court case out of it.

What they need to do is require everyone to sign a waiver before having sex.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All this is going to change is that all the teens getting pregnant will be doing so legally.

If some old man bones a teenager, legally or no, she can still scream "RAPE!" and get a court case out of it.

What they need to do is require everyone to sign a waiver before having sex.
i like the way the way the barrister skirted over the fact that Hall abused a 9 year old and a 10 year old amongst others.....then again when we spoke about this the other night, the other half said watch the defense be that he thought she was over the age of consent because of how she dressed etc etc etc and that looks like it is happening....sheesh

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Some people simply age faster and some simply age slower. I know a grade 9 that looks like a college student and people say I look like I belong in grade 8 (I'm a senior).

It's a hard thing to prove. Sex-related crimes are notoriously hard to prove.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
true but he did admit to it and he is looking at a lengthy prison sentence if the judge decides to take it that way....still thats one fucked up defense imho

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know this has turned into a witch hunt and at the moment it seems anyone that was even photed with Jimmy Saville is getting hung drawn and quatered as the accusastions come rife and fast...i do however agree with DLT on one thing...those accused should not be named until it comes to trial...as it stands he, Rolf Harris, Jim Davidson, Jimmy Tarbuck and any one else not yet tried and convicted will never get work again...and why was i not surprised to see Gary Glitters name in there...ugh

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I don't think the accused should be named unless proven guilty. What if the guy turns out to be innocent? He's been accused of a heinous crime and that's enough for a lot of people to deny you a job or outright fire you (especially if you're a teacher or something along those lines)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it happened at my school, one of the teachers was accused of abusing one of the girls. it turned out that she had lied, after he had been suspended, interviewed and named (you know what school gossip is like) last i heard at a reunion was that he had a breakdown and was unable to get a job again.

Still when it comes to Stuart Hall and any other like him..then he should have the book thrown at him like any other peadophile/rapist/abuser. Just because he is a TV Personality or was it should not put him above the law and his lawyers statement just goes to prove to me, that men like him (and women) think that thier money will keep thier little secrets for life or like jimmy saville, when they are dead.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I agree. How many times have some celebrities been caught with drugs and instead of throwing them in jail, they just put them in rehab for a couple weeks?

If I did drugs that often I'd be in jail for life.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
The problem with this is that alot of it will be down to accusation considering the age of the alleged abuse. Which unfortunately ruins the life of a person once the name is made public. Look at that guy - I think it was an MP - the news night accusation was horrible, more so when the guy turned out to be innocent. Someone like this the names really should be kept from the public until there is a solid case with more evidence to go on than simple accusations.

Then to go alongside that, they need to get real sentences should they be found guilty. The sentences of celebrities these days are a joke. But I think this is a more general thing than in relation to this incident

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
totally agree, i think because there is no limitation on it, it gives carte blanche for a witch hunt, i think i was making the OP in relation to what the lawyer said, couldnt believe it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts