Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Lexicon is says "The Adepta Sororitas date their founding from the 36th millennium, and more specifically from the later events of the Age of Apostasy. The majority of their initial influx was recruited from the pre-existing Brides of the Emperor, the all-female bodyguard force employed by Goge Vandire. "

Then I found this - "Boras Minor was a planet invaded by Goge Vandire's forces during the Reign of Blood. Every female child under 12 on the planets farms was arrested as part of the deranged demands made by Vandire."

BUt it also states - 'invade the farmlands of [[Boras Minor]] and enslave every female child under twelve years of age '

Were they arrested to be trained as the future 'Brides of the Emperor' (aka Sisters of Battle) ??? :eek:k:

Or for something stupid? :ireful2:

I tried to google more info but nothing much as said about why they were arrested for?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
The majority of recruitment by the Adepta Sororitas during the latter stages of the Age of Apostasy may indeed have been drawn heavily from the Brides of the Emperor, but these are by no means the origins of the Adepta, or the first anti-heretic, anti-psyker female-based ''cult''. During the Great Crusade and through the Horus Heresy itself, the Sisters of Silence were employed often against rogue psykers or Xenos capable of chanelling the Warp. An example of such is the large contingent present, alongside the Space Wolves and Adeptus Custodes at Prospero dealing with the Thousand Sons. Other mentions of the Sisters are in The Flight of the Eisenstein, as they help the Death Guard battle the Jorgall and their psyking traits. Although Garro certainly saved their puny, femanine arses. :p

That said, I don`t know particularly much about any of the Ordo`s exempting Malleus, and even less of the Age of Apostasy, so you will most likely get a better answer from one other.:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
The 'Sisters of Battle' originated long before this. I think the arrest of all the female children on the planet really has no purpose other then because Vandire was nuts and just came up with random things

As for what actually happened to those arrested, who knows. A whole planets worth is a lot. Maybe he was experimenting in trying to make female space marines... he succeeded and they are asleep in tombs somewhere waiting to be discovered :victory:

In Lexicon is says "The Adepta Sororitas date their founding from the 36th millennium, and more specifically from the later events of the Age of Apostasy. The majority of their initial influx was recruited from the pre-existing Brides of the Emperor, the all-female bodyguard force employed by Goge Vandire. "

Then I found this - "Boras Minor was a planet invaded by Goge Vandire's forces during the Reign of Blood. Every female child under 12 on the planets farms was arrested as part of the deranged demands made by Vandire."

BUt it also states - 'invade the farmlands of [[Boras Minor]] and enslave every female child under twelve years of age '

Were they arrested to be trained as the future 'Brides of the Emperor' (aka Sisters of Battle) ??? :eek:k:

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
The 'Sisters of Battle' originated long before this. I think the arrest of all the female children on the planet really has no purpose other then because Vandire was nuts and just came up with random things

As for what actually happened to those arrested, who knows. A whole planets worth is a lot. Maybe he was experimenting in trying to make female space marines... he succeeded and they are asleep in tombs somewhere waiting to be discovered :victory:
Or more in keeping with the horror of 40k Vandire could possibly add paedophile to his crimes of genocide?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Or more in keeping with the horror of 40k Vandire could possibly add paedophile to his crimes of genocide?
:rofl:
I was thinking that exact same thing

·
Registered
80 Posts
He didn't need to have soldiers go to a far distant planet to get them when there are plenty on Terra itself. Besides, why a planets worth??

He found a way to put all the space Marine stuff into a female bodies so now he has a legion hidden in slumber somewhere. Their whereabouts and the process of creating them was lost when he was killed.

·
The Apathetic one.
580 Posts
-Shrugs-

Maybe an odd warpstorm caused a freak accident to cause all pre-pubescent female children to develop warp powers.

Who knows.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Nah, he just wanted to race them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hate how GW does stuff like this. They give you a tiny tidbit of fluff that makes you really want to find out what its all about, but they never go into any more detail.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Ok, the cult called the Daughters of the Emperor were located on San Leor, a desert backwater.
Once they were taken in they were renamed the Brides of the Emperor and made bodyguards and servants.
When everything goes tits-up, the Brides hold off against the forces of several Chapters and AdMech.
Then, post meeting the Emperor, the 4000 that remained from the fighting gather to witness the death of the tyrant.

They probably numbered in the hundred thousands if not millions.

They are an all women army.

They are trained for most their life.

Every girl under the age of 12 is a lot of raw potential for an army of that size, make and standard.

I mean, this does kind of seem like the two fluff pieces go hand in hand here.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Female space marines? HA! Next you'll be saying that they can vote, though I guess in 40k I cant really make a sexist joke like that since the imperium doesnt vote....
Imagine how long it would take to tally the votes XD

But I think a chapter of female space marines would be cool. And if that was the case and GW made that the fluff, the planet they were burried on would have been Amazonia, which would have been a jungle world much like Catachan and the female space marines would all be tanned, dark haired, very tall and have their right breast cut off. Dunno it might be a bit original for GW though.

I'm surprised though that no Chaos Lord has tried something like that, I'm sure one has tried planetary pedophilia but not female marines, it would be quite interesting.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Female space marines? HA! Next you'll be saying that they can vote, though I guess in 40k I cant really make a sexist joke like that since the imperium doesnt vote....
Imagine how long it would take to tally the votes XD

But I think a chapter of female space marines would be cool. And if that was the case and GW made that the fluff, the planet they were burried on would have been Amazonia, which would have been a jungle world much like Catachan and the female space marines would all be tanned, dark haired, very tall and have their right breast cut off. Dunno it might be a bit original for GW though.

I'm surprised though that no Chaos Lord has tried something like that, I'm sure one has tried planetary pedophilia but not female marines, it would be quite interesting.

That would be a great short story. Even if it ended up being a total failure... perhaps something unexpected happened instead... like all the Space Marine implants and all the Chaos stuff turned them into some crazed half-demonic killer girlscouts or something. :shok:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
They probably numbered in the hundred thousands if not millions.
10'000. At the time of the siege the Brides numbered approximately ten thousand, according to the 2e Codex: Sisters of Battle.

Vandire was a grad A fruit loop - for all we know, when his troops told him they'd captured all the girls on Boras Minor he exploded 'Girls!? I told you to bring me all their grills - I'm having a barbecue this weekend, fool!'.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Grade A Fruit Loop, but a very cunning Grade A Fruit Loop.:biggrin:
I just thought that as far as fluff goes, it seems kinda obvious to me that they must've been 'recruits' for the Brides.

10,000 then, ok. I couldn't be bothered to dig up my copy to reconfirm everything.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
10,000? 10,000 held of more than 100 marines? They're tougher than I suspected. Lol

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
With faith, anything is possible.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts