Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking of getting another army so i thought imperial guard but now im thinking tau they are both shooty armies but as tau kill with powerfull weapons imperial guard kill with sheer volume of shots as im used to (nids,orks)

any help on this i just dont know which to pick

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
if you want something drasticly different, go for tau

tho if your used to hordes, maybe ig would be good.

its up to you, both armies are completely different appart from they shoot alot

·
Registered
202 Posts
Tau are playable. They've slipped I'll admit, and I dont fully understand the how or why, but I know they have. And with powerful Tynarid swarm armies or the might of the Blood Angels now days they are definatly the underdog. However.

And this is a big however, they are not the weakest race they still have a competitive edge. There firepower is still deadly and frankly I am a huge fan of Fire Warriors, which is nice since you need troops to hold objectives.

But when you go Tau remember, the shooting game is wher eyou win, melee is where you lose.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For Tau, deployment is a huge factor to how the turns play out. With fast vehicles and jump packs, you can really take advantage of the field. And as you are aware, Tau weapons are awesome and I feel nerfed when switching to my Space Marines (unless we're talking melee). "Is that your Rhino Rush? Ok, well my Hammerhead pops that one, and that one and that other one, too." And if you are concerned with the actual $$$ investment the Tau Battleforce provides more savings (especially since the price increases). Also, always buy the Skyray Tank box as it provides you both the seeker missle turrent and railgun. Good luck and hope you fight for The Greater Good!

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Tau are playable, but to get decent use out of them you're pretty much required to conform to a certain build because otherwise the army just gets ran over. Codex: Tau Empire is full of units that are either very good or very bad - there's no real middle ground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts