Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in recent months, due to expenses, my budget for Fluff has been Low; but demand is regularly High. These $2-5 Short Stories are much fun to read but I was considering if they are Cannon Fluff or not. As stupid as the question is a lot of these stories deviate from the normal Fluff and "Filling-in" grey area's of Fluff.

Your thoughts gentlemen?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Anything Black Library is supposed to be cannon,no?
Unless its really old fluff that's been retconned, can't think of any right now though. I think the emperor shaman and star child fluff has been retconed?

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Cannon is really left to be interpreted. The evidence is mixed with bias, and thus makes good debate on forums. To be honest, I'm on the same boat and I thought I could do that for a while, however, there have been a few times that I've come along a nice story that gives some insight about particular characters. Audios are the same case. Granted, most of the them where absolute waste, but Raven's Flight in my opinion was a pretty nice piece. I guess its best to look at reviews.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
A lot of the so-called 'cannon' stuff has been debunked. Even some of the top writers in the HH series have got it wrong!

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Check out this article and this post by AD-B, both of which can be found in our FAQ. They go some way to explain how "canon" works in 40k.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Anything Black Library is supposed to be cannon,no?
Unless its really old fluff that's been retconned, can't think of any right now though. I think the emperor shaman and star child fluff has been retconed?
The only thing Black Library has 'retconned' is the inquisition wars, with the hole removal of the....sensi?.... and the additions of the perpetuals.
Check out this article and this post by AD-B, both of which can be found in our FAQ. They go some way to explain how "canon" works in 40k.
On the first link....lol and wait power armor is powered by happy thoughts.......no wonder mine doesn't work.....I only have a happy thought when I get to eat a walmart brand poptart for breakfast instead of ramen drowned in soy sauce I.......acquired from a friend. It doesn't happen very often.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Some of them are cannon fluff. But others have no heavy weapons in them at all, so should be considered small arms fluff instead.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I never understand why they have to retcon the Inquisition War at all. Its been a long long time since I read that series but everything was open to interpretation anyway. As the emperor said at the meeting with Draco who knows what is truth and what is false and what is interpretation...

All I know is that they are a fabulous read (apart from the crap space marine character :wink:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts