Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after reviewing some of the new pyskic spells and FAQs and the such from 7th, it dawned on me that there is a possibility of seeing Deamonology not just by CSM and Deamon's alone. After glancing at the FAQ for GK, they seem to have been buffed up a bit themselves with having certain spells given to them, as well as an improved DTW.

So my question to those of you, do you feel like I do in thinking that Ally GK will almost become standard with the influx of Deamon's that we will likely see?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
A wise Autarch once told me that if you can't kill it with good old fashioned homemade fire you aren't using enough fire. I'm running Mono eldar and damn the consequences.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
My next army is Tau, and they don't get jack for psych, so I'm agreeing with Sam there. However, I do enjoy GKs... I just feel their army is, in general, still lacking a little bit. Remember, if you're not Chaos, running Daemonology could have huge consequences.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
GKs aren't allowed Demonology/Malefic. Sanctic they're fine with. GKs generate nice numbers of warp charge dice, and if you have another psyker to cast malefic with them, you get a good if very unfluffy army. I'm seeing a Farseer with Malefic as a nasty, if unfluffy choice. So what if you perils every cast. Just shunt it through the Ghost Helm with one dice, no harm, no foul.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
They're really nice if you already have a bunch of Invulnerable Saves that you want to benefit from Sanctuary (the only particularly notable one is a Dark Angels Power Field Generator combined with Sanctuary), and they give you some neat torrent shooting, but I don't think they're nearly 'auto-ally'. They're hugely expensive and aren't fantastic against heavier infantry or combat units. It's nice that you can bring a 10-man unit that divides into two combat squads, both of which are a competent small shooting unit (particularly against light infantry i.e. Daemons), Scoring, and give a couple of Warp Charge dice.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
With the popularity of Riptides and Wraithknights, I've been surprised not to see more Dreadknights out there. Hammerhand has been buffed, etc... ore GK might well be a thing, especially now that they're buddy-buddy with all the Imperial armies...

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
That's a really good point, and I think the answer is a mental barrier. People have it in their heads that Riptides and Wraithknights are super-strong, while the Dreadknight was less so in 5th edition when it gained it's reputation. As such, people view the Riptide et al as invincible, and Dreadknights are sidelined. Psychology is actually a big factor in the hobby.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts