Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening heretics! I've read the 1st 5 ultramarines novels, and was Ardaric Vaanes really featured in the 6th book? I wasn't sure on where to post this, I only ask as I'm thinking of modelling him in my army. The only thing I remember are his lightning claws, so can anyone shed some light as to some info on him? Hope I've got this in the right section, didn't know if it would right in here, black library or modelling sections but any help would be appreciated!

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Yes he is in the sixth book. Though, I don't want to ruin for you, I won't tell you what happens to him. He was a former Crosair, so instead of his chapter signs and Imperium signs he has crosses along his black armor. He also has long hair though his picture has him in bon. He also has a jump pack. So I guess the cool thing is that you can make him look a bit corrupted with some chaos bits while just keeping the main pieces of space marine armor.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
lets just say by the end of chapters due i really felt for Ardaric and its the best one ofthe lotalthough as much as i like Ventris i was actually on the side of the Iron Warriors and Honsou. its a good read and Ardaric is a great character

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
okay, here goes, just make sure you post spoilers in the thread so you don't surprise other heretics.

SPOILER:

Vaanes gets killed in the end by Honsou. But basically what happens is that Vaanes regains his honor by fighting with Honsou right before Honsou is about to kill Uriel. So in the eyes of his chapter and Uriel, he is saved with his ultimate sacrifice.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahhh lame, didnt think he'd get killed, ah well, i can still have him as a part of my IW army. anyone know his sort of facial features, hair coulor etc?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool, i might put some IW looking chevrons onto one of the shoulder pads, with a crossed out raved guard guard logo on the other. dont know why but i imagined him to have short dirty-blonde hair, alas :p cheers for all this matey! should be an easy enough conversion from an assault marine, plus a few bits to make him really stand out, might convert the lightning claws, make them look elongated or something... not sure yet. any thoughts?

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
cool, i might put some IW looking chevrons onto one of the shoulder pads, with a crossed out raved guard guard logo on the other. dont know why but i imagined him to have short dirty-blonde hair, alas :p cheers for all this matey! should be an easy enough conversion from an assault marine, plus a few bits to make him really stand out, might convert the lightning claws, make them look elongated or something... not sure yet. any thoughts?
I know what you mean. I actually didn't know raven guard represent native americans until more recent fluff was out. But they kind of do culturally.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah... dont really know much about raven guard tbh, but i like the idea of the pale skin and black eyes, and the retro armour and all that. i know it sounds like but the names really stand out to me like shrike, corax, korvydae etc. im a sucker for fluff lol and the emphasis on jump packs. if i didnt have sooooo many different WIP's on the go i might have started a small raven guard force. i get sidetracked all to easily and end up starting a new force... just the way i am lol

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
one of the anthologies has and its the lead into chapters due think its space marines anthoogy could be wrong though

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Skull Harvest is the Antholygies I belive, Chapters Due is a Ultra Book, whats Iron Warrior? Is that the book or Story in a book.

Also not asking for details (But Spoilers welcome) does Honsou kick some Ultra Ass or is he curb Stomp in Chapters due.

Also Andaric Vanes is in all these books along with that Unlfesh Clone of Uriel?

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Skull Harvest is the Antholygies I belive, Chapters Due is a Ultra Book, whats Iron Warrior? Is that the book or Story in a book.

Also not asking for details (But Spoilers welcome) does Honsou kick some Ultra Ass or is he curb Stomp in Chapters due.

Also Andaric Vanes is in all these books along with that Unlfesh Clone of Uriel?
I thought you were referring to Planet Kill. Its also an another anthology.
It goes,
Storm of Iron
Dead Sky Black Sun
Planet Kill
Skull Harvest
Iron Warrior
The Chapter's Due

I'm not going to lie, The Chapter's Due has a totally different outlook to Honsou. He is no longer the heroic character that charges the breach or challenges the champions of Badab's pirates. Instead he is a Daemon Princes' second hand man. He doesn't do much except for his confrontation with Uriel in which he is about to destroy him in his buddies and the out of the blue the Legion of the Damned come out of the ground kill them all. Honsou escapes. Yes Vaanes is in all of them except for the first and also the reason why Uriel didn't get ripped apart by Honsou. The New Born is also in all of them except the first. They both die in the confrontation, though Vaanes decides to switch sides and die "honorably."

Iron Warrior is a limited novel. 1000 copies I believe. I have three. :p

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I thought you were referring to Planet Kill. Its also an another anthology.
It goes,
Storm of Iron
Dead Sky Black Sun
Planet Kill
Skull Harvest
Iron Warrior
The Chapter's Due

I'm not going to lie, The Chapter's Due has a totally different outlook to Honsou. He is no longer the heroic character that charges the breach or challenges the champions of Badab's pirates. Instead he is a Daemon Princes' second hand man. He doesn't do much except for his confrontation with Uriel in which he is about to destroy him in his buddies and the out of the blue the Legion of the Damned come out of the ground kill them all. Honsou escapes. Yes Vaanes is in all of them except for the first and also the reason why Uriel didn't get ripped apart by Honsou. The New Born is also in all of them except the first. They both die in the confrontation, though Vaanes decides to switch sides and die "honorably."

Iron Warrior is a limited novel. 1000 copies I believe. I have three. :p
you bugger lol i must have missed that one :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts