Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I read the Ard Boyz rules correctly, there is no way to take a Mycetic Spore unless you can figure out how to convert one of the current line into a spore.

I can't even imagine a single existing kit that could be made into a Mycetic Spore. Not even the extremely conversion friendly Carnifex.

Am I right in this that were either not going to see any Mycetic Spores at the tournament, or if we do they are going to be a bunch of 'my carnifex counts as a Mycetic Spore' types?

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
whats the actual rule for crap boys?, surely getting a crap load of nid bits, skaven tails and something egg shaped and scratchbuilding is allowed, or are they that anal and pathetic?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
As long as the model you use for your gnoffpod is 100% scratch built you should be fine. Completely scratch built Ork Vehicles has seldom been a problem at tournaments, right?

This simply means that "random Toyz'r'Uz" model as a pod wont work, and suspiciously similar looking models en masse that weighs like a resin counterpart would will also have a hard time sneaking past the judges...

If I was to entry and worried Id call the organizer for details.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any conversions must begin as Citadel models and contain a majority of Citadel components.
Non-Citadel models may not be used in the event.
Forge World models are permitted in the tournament, but they can only be used to represent models from existing Codex list. No Forge World rules are allowed
It says absolutely nothing about 100% homemade models.

·
Registered
468 Posts
[quote='Ard Boyz Rules]Any conversions must begin as Citadel models and contain a majority of Citadel components.

Non-Citadel models may not be used in the event.[/quote]

Good luck making a Mycetic Spore with those restrictions.

·
Registered
337 Posts
thus, in the interest of possibility, I would suggest taking one of little spore mines from the tyranid range, then take all the bitz you have and make a roughly spherical shape, after all with no model released you can imagine the spore mine to be whatever you want.

·
Registered
225 Posts
isnt it roughtly the size of a drop pod?

Get a eggshapythingy and a pack of greenstuff,
Cover egg in greenstuff and go make veinythingies, a few Tentacles and whatnot.
???
Profit.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Mine are 100% GW and they look awesome... vauge problem is that they are only about 25% the size that they really should be: they dont look like you could fit a unit/fex inside them but they do look pretty monstrous so everything other then capacity looks fine. They are fex carapaces mounted on a 60mm base with GS rimes/impact craters, the pincer-like trygon tails emmerging out of the centre and with GS flailing tentacles surrounding the pincer... cool looking and no mistaking what they are, so I cant see anyone having a problem with their scale.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I don't think scale would be much of a problem. After all, have you ever tried to fit 10 Space Marines (even the old Beakies) into an old Rhino? Unless you just pour in the unassembled bits...
You'll probably have trouble with the same people who complain about my old rhinos being able to hide behind terrain the new ones can't. But it's a hardboyz tournament, so no whiners allowed, right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts