Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm preparing my final draft, it has to be done today, if I am to have my army ready.

Some of the Scenarios (#3 especially,) have thrown a wrench in my plans.

I'm still inclined towards running 3 penitents even at the cost of 9 kill points in the final scenario.

Is there a unit I'm overlooking? Is there something that has become more beneficial due to the scenarios?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I don't think you ever posted a definite list, but you're likely ahead in things that can get turned into Kill Points compared to more expensive Marines in the first place... So in that light, it might not be that big a deal. Scenario #3 has managed to scare off two Heretics who both had less kill points on the table, so you're already ahead in having the courage to go :)

Kill points suck as a mechanism. Everyone knows it, GW doesn't care.

On the downside, Penitent Engines are sadly fragile (still annoyed that they're more so than a Killa Kan half their points), and you don't have full control over the things which might mean you're likely to give kill points away.

As for more beneficent... The first two scenarios are pretty standard fare. Adjusting to do well in the third at the risk of performance in the first two seems somewhat silly. That having been said, if you do want to change things around, either of the characters might work. Alternatively, consider having a footslogging maxed out Battle Sister squad on the field. It's one less Rhino to worry about and as long as you don't place them too close together they take a lot of killing to get rid of.

Also, pictures and battle reports afterwards? Pretty please? :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If I wasn't set on a pure sisters list I'd consider taking an inquisitor.

Liber Heresius actually works for scenario 1,

and Excrutiators for scenario 2.

anyone taking a true inquisition army may want to consider those.

not too many points for an automatic first turn and bonus VP's on psychers.

This is some of what I was looking for, unfortunately it isn't a sisters item.

Made it to table one for the third round, but the terrain was real cluttered, i made some tactical mistakes, and around 40 melta/ exorcist shots only managed to bring down a single battlewagon.

My vehicles ended up sitting ducks with no room to hit and run.

I ended up in the middle of the pack. I'll post battle reports and third round pics soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts