Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm attempting to build for myself a Arch Magos Dominus for my Legio Cybernetica force and I thought to use the robot from Metropolis as my inspiration.

It turns out that my skill ran out well before my ambition...

So, I've settled on the below. I could do with some constructive criticism and feedback on it.

I'll try for a better photo later.

She'll be painted almost entirely gold and have some mechinandrites sprouting from her back and be mounted on an abeyant based off the tower from Metropolis.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, some progress.

C&C welcomed...

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
so far, so good! Looks like a nasty bitch!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers all.

In all honestly I think the body is almost completely done, no robes, hoods are additional mechanandrites (ok, maybe a couple of small ones from the thighs maybe).

I need to tidy up the ends of mechanandrites where they go into her body. I need to decide if they should be nice little ports, merged smoothly in to the "skin" or be coming out of a, shall we say, H.R. Giger-esque orifice.

I may double end the halberd, or put a pommel on it.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, so I've got some paint on her now. Its my 1st attempt at painting so much gold.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I very much think this project is to be filed in the "Screw it, it'll do" category.

I'm not happy with how she has turned out. The idea is there but the execution is not what I'd hoped.

The visor is not symmetrical, it's lacking detail, the mechandrites are a little too shoddy and not spaced right. I supposed this is what experience is made of...

Anyway, the more or less finished pics...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts