Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Now, after reading the Inquisitorial Stormtroper entry in Codex WH, I was inspired to convert some 'Arbites' type troops for my Guard army. What I wanted them to have was a big ol riot shield (see picture).

Problem is, the Roman Legionaries I have are a tad too small to use their shields. Any ideas where I can get some?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
I used an old style rhino door for an ork riot shield one time but that is a difficult component to comeby nowadays.

Another option would be to make up a shield using plastic sheet and cast them up, they are quite flat making a casting quite straightforward.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I used an old style rhino door for an ork riot shield one time but that is a difficult component to comeby nowadays.

Another option would be to make up a shield using plastic sheet and cast them up, they are quite flat making a casting quite straightforward.
Indeed, The front panel from the old rhino kit would be near perfect matches for those shields, and then you could cast them up.

Or you could use these guys from offensive miniatures with alittle customisation:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
You could take a look at these Riot shields, they're supposedly 28mm.

OR

Interdiction Marines., which end up looking like this:

I don't know either of these companies really, but they came up last time someone was talking about doing Arbites. Bretonnian shields will work, but be warned that they are not all the same - they look similar, but the sprue contains 4 different shields.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts