Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Welcome to the thread for the

Rules

1. The category is decided upon and posted in the Painting Deathmatch Calendar. This month's category is:
    • Squad/Regiment - Any squad or regiment from any company.*
  2. Only models that are painted wholly within the month are eligible to enter (i.e. unpainted or only primed at the start of the month). Entrants are not required to post a photograph of the model before painting. If you have a question as to whether or not your model qualifies, please feel free to post in this thread.
  3. You may join the painting deathmatch in progress at any time, but must submit photographs of the completed miniature by midnight GMT, 30 April 2014. WIP images are welcomed and encouraged.
  4. Miniatures that are completed in time will be eligible to win the deathmatch. The deathmatch winner will be decided in a separate voting thread by the Heresy Online community. Votes should be cast not simply on painting skill, but on merit, including creativity, application of painting techniques, individual artist improvement, etc. The winner of the deathmatch will be awarded with the Mark of Slaanesh award.
  5. Winners from the previous month are able to participate in the next months painting deathmatch, but they are not eligible to win in consecutive months.

This is not the year long Army Painting Challenge run by humakt but a separate Monthly event. Though entries in one can also be entered into the other (assuming it fits into the category chosen for this deathmatch).

Good luck to all participants!

PS - If you have any feedback on the running or structure of the monthly deathmatches throughout the course of the next month, please comment in the Calendar thread as we will take into account any feedback.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You know what, I'll join in with a unit of Plague Bearers I have been working on. It is my first paint job though, but meh, it will make me try harder to make them nicer haha.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I got a unit of stormboyz today before seeing this thread. I think I have my entry.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Well then, @Tugger, your Plaguebearers might shame me into doing better on the Plaguebearers I've been working on these past two days.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
You know what, I'll join in with a unit of Plague Bearers I have been working on. It is my first paint job though, but meh, it will make me try harder to make them nicer haha.
your Plaguebearers might shame me into doing better on the Plaguebearers I've been working on these past two days.
If you need any tips, or you're in doubt about certain aspects of those models, check out the Great Unclean One tutorial in my signature. It works excellent for Plaguebearers as well :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yea I will have to check out your tut. Hey @Mossy Toes, I'm sure your Plague Bearers will blow mine out of the water haha. I have not painted anything in years :p

·
Registered
313 Posts
Darn, I got like half (4) of my Plague Marines finished this month, but I guess I'll have to paint something else instead for this... Perhaps some Ravenwing guys..?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Just to clarify, does an Apothecarion Detatchment count as a squad/regiment? Because, technically they can consist of 1 Apothercary...

Just thought I'd ask. If not, then it'll be the Heavy Weapons teams!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Just to clarify, does an Apothecarion Detatchment count as a squad/regiment? Because, technically they can consist of 1 Apothercary...

I think this goes against the spirit of the competition, whilst perhaps being "technically" true. I'd like to think that non-codex units would also be legal. Technically my entry is not codex-legal as all five of my terminators are carrying power swords!

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts

I would say no. The contest doesn't say that it needs to be rules legal just that it needs to be a squad. As the dictionary definition of squad it essentially about a group of people I would say you are looking at 3 minimum. Especially as there is already a single miniature catagory.

·
Super Moderator
8,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To keep Squad/Regiment distinct from Single Miniature, Squad/Regiment must contain more than one model.

So an Apothecarion Detachment is only a valid entry if it includes at least two models.

Because more entries is good, and there are too many different rules sets with slightly different definitions of what is a squad/regiment for me to judge disputes fairly, no-one will be disqualified if their entry might not be a game-legal squad. However, if anyone tries to take advantage, I will (i) review this for the future, and (ii) probably take a Jez-like stance on anyone alleging they didn't get votes because people decided not being a dick was part of painting well.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Cool :good: I have two Apothecaries I am awaiting from Forge World, and so I'll probably submit those as my entry this month.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Update on my guys:

No shoulder pads shown because they only have the initial highlight and look pretty boring so far. Shields are finished except for one which I need to paint the cloth on. Need to fix the highlights on the helmets since the OSL on the eyes f'ed that up pretty bad.

Think I'm pretty much done on the main bodies though.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts