Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can a apothecary save more than 1 model a turn.
it says it can ignore the first failed save of a treatable model a turn

it says once per turn the apothecary can use his skills to ignore a failed save on a treatable model so is that every treatable model or just 1. hence

i get 30 wounds on my 10 man squad
i save 15 of them 10 are ignored but 5 die ?

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
The FIRST unsaved wound. One per turn. Player turn that is.

thread moved. ask rules questions in rules questions forum.

·
Registered
112 Posts
But it makes sense, and it keeps the game balanced. If an apothicary could make you pass all your first failed saves a turn, you could basically make a squad invincible for a mere 25pts.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol yeah >_< i guess 1 is better than nothing but the ignore the losses for moral check sucks for wolves because we ignore them anyway..sigh

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The FIRST unsaved wound. One per turn. Player turn that is.

thread moved. ask rules questions in rules questions forum.
it says 1 per turn not player turn

so
opponents turn

1 failed in shooting saved
1 failed in combat saved

my turn

1 failed in shooting saved
1 failed in combat saved

·
Registered
325 Posts
but the ignore the losses for moral check sucks for wolves because we ignore them anyway..sigh
Uh no you dont. Space wolves taking 25% casualties can run like girls just like every other marine.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well my 13 blood claws with rune priest and wolf priest = leadership 10

or 8 claws wolf priest and rune priest = leadership 10

so unless i roll a double 6 of a 5 + 6 im ok.

space wolves have no matter the odds.

and since i'm in combat before i loose any men i'm fine or i may loose a few if i come out of a rhino but still be ok in some games but out of a crusader im always fine

i only need healing potions and balms since the fang of morkai is pointless now in SM rules for SW

·
Registered
139 Posts
No matter the odds lets you ignore beeing outnumbered modifications in close combat. Doesn't work on shooting, below half and Tyranid Chorus still works on us.

It's a shame we ain't got no fearless unit.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
blood claws should be fearless they act like mindless creatures when not lead by a IC

·
Registered
538 Posts
great to have 1 within 6" of all your termie sqd. guys.
also cannot use ability if falling back,pinned,cc wpns that ignore armor saves or from instant death.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
back on topic, i saw someone mention 1 failed save in combat. apothecaries do not work in combat, they cannot save anyone if they or their squad is engaged in combat.
they can save someone in combat if they are not in base to base contact with a enemy

·
Registered
538 Posts
MKG-- I refer to sm codex. Wargear. Narthecium Reductor.
"In order to use this eqt.,the pothecary CANNOT be falling back,LOCKED in CLOSE CMBT, or pinned."

definition of engaged in cmbt--models in base to base contact and all those within 2" of models in base to base contact.

definition of locked in combat-- rest of unit is locked and subject to the outcome of close combat.

Now I know you will say that means he can use it if he is engaged but not locked.
However,if he cannot use it if locked then he certainly cannot use it if he is actually fighting in the combat. The gw hotline will confirm that.

And CCCP adds in the final part of the Apothecary ability. Thanks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i think you are correct about that as in combat they count as seperate but what IC can have one???

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
wolf priest :D

so rune priest and wolf priest jump into combat with 8 or 13 blood claws

rune priest kills a few
wolf priest kills a few

wolf priest is now not in base to base combat with any model or within 2".

blood claws and marines strike together
8-12 pw or pf attacks marines die

40-24 normal attacks

and yay i get to save 1 guy :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
ow fair enougth true but surly you will want him in the thick of the fight wooping sum ass rather than couwering at the back healing the odd marine.

but yes i see nothing wrong with that.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts