Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my fluff behind the Word Bearers Space Marines force i am creating.
I've always been interested in the two "lost" legions of the space marines and wanted to try tie them in some how without the generic "these are chaos marines of one of the lost legions", so hope you like it and give me any feed back you want :)

The Heresy

What is known of Halquilous is that he was a chaplain of the Word Bearers during their discent into corruption.
He was present at many of the speeches that First-Chaplain Erebus would hold and in turn the corruption was fed into him bit by bit.
Such was his trust in what Erebus told him that even before the legion turned traitor he was already set on forgoing his oath.
During the seige of the Emperors palace Halquilous organised the summoning of packs of demons willingly below the gaze of towering statues, he took notice of these statues and guessed that they must be the primarchs, but it suddenly occured to him that there were only 18 primarchs yet there were 20 statues, this thought would forever plague him for as long as he lived.

Further on during the seige, he was unfortunate enough to be on the end of a white scar charge that would see the star port retaken, he was terribly injuried, most of his right side had been blasted away, but due to being close to the landing zone he was able to be taken up to a corrupt mechanicus ship with his trusted marines which would later join him in the eye of terror, aboard the ship he was fitted with crude bionics and it was at this time that the Emperor slew Horus. The ship suddenly jerked and turned before beginning to speed up, realising what was happening he with his trusted chaos marines made their way to the bridge of the ship and quickly ordered the captain to stop what he was doing, the captain declined and was shot in the head by Halquilous's plasma pistol. He then made contact with his fellow Word Bearers and with them made their way to the Eye of Terror.

Post Heresy

Having made a world of their own in the Eye of Terror, Erebus favoured Halquilous for gifting him with the Mechanicus ship, aboard were several corrupt priests which were set to work on the damaged war machines the legion brought with them as well as the immobile Word Bearers Dreadnaught, Apoclus, who had been driven insane by the images of demons and butchery, and was found by the Dark Apostle within the hold of the mechanicus ship. Halquilous however was plagued with visions that would cause him to blackout, they were of the statues on holy terra gazing down at him. Bringing it upon the attention of Erebus it was clear as to what he had to do, he was to find out who these other statues were depicting, for the gods had taken an interest in who they were. Thus it was that Dark Apostle Halquilous was set upon his quest, with him he took his trusted chaos marines, Apoclus the Dreadnaught, two corrupt mechanicus priests and nearly a whole company of Word Bearers that after hearing his devote sermons on what the chaos gods were showing him, joined him seeking favour with the gods themselves. They left the daemonworld of Sicarus in the former mechanicus ship now named "Unholy Truth" in search of who those two statues were of.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i didn't think of it like that, i don't want it to come across as him being a loyal follower of the emperor still, i just wanted to show he had troops that would follow him willingly instead of forced.

I dont like bending current lore to support my made up lore and i hope the 20 statues ain't that big of a lore bend cause i know theres next to no information regarding the lost two legions. :)

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
No I think that's a really good way to allude to the original primarchs without actually contradicting (or even bending) anything. As the two 'lost legions' are completely lost - to the extent that it's even possible for people to speculate that their primarchs were never returned to earth and cloned to create legions in the first place - keeping it all a mystery is a really good way to go I think.

:cyclops:

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Na dude that fluff is great. The idea that the Chaos legions are hunting the two lost Primarchs is brilliant. Nice jusitifiaction of the mini you are using for Halquilous as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts