Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm playing an Apocalypse game this weekend, 6000pts of Imperium vs Eldar/Dark Eldar; I'll be taking the role of a High Lord, commanding the whole Imperial force, while two players marshal the Eldar. I know Apocalypse isn't a competitive thing (played it many a time before), but I thought I'd put the list up in case anyone's interested - comments welcome, although in truth I'm writing it here for as much my own memory as anything else. I'll try and make some comments about how it goes when I come back.

Strategic Assets: Precise Co-ordinates (almost the entire 6000pts has Deep Strike!) and unknown, possibly Blind Barrage (drop on one end of the Eldar battleline, maul it, then Blind Barrage to stop return fire from the other half - other potential choices I've picked out are Camouflage or Orbital Strike)

KNIGHTS OF TITAN
Kaldor Draigo, Warmaster

Grand Master with Soul Glaive and Incinerator
Librarian with Mastery Level 3 and Domina Liber Daemonica

2 Dreadnoughts with Assault Cannons and Heavy Flamers
2x 10 Purifiers with 2 Incinerators

3x 5 Terminators with Psycannons
3x 5 Terminators with 3 Falchions, Daemonhammer and Psycannon

2x Stormraven Gunship with Hurricane Bolters and Multi-Melta

2x Nemesis Dreadknight with Personal Teleporter, Heavy Psycannon and Heavy Incinerator

IMPERIAL AGENTS
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor in Terminator Armour with Psycannon, Psyker Level 1 (Divination) and Tome of Vethric

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor in Power Armour with Rad Grenades, Combi-Melta, Psychotroke Grenades, Psyker Level 1 (Divination) and Liber Heresius

Vindicare Assassin

WARRIORS OF FENRIS
Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf with Runic Armour, Storm Shield and Black Death

9 Grey Hunters with Meltagun and Wolf Guard with Combi-Melta
10 Grey Hunters with 2 Meltaguns and Wolf Guard with Combi-Melta

3 Thunderwolf Cavalry with Storm Shields and one Thunder Hammer
4 Drop Pods with Deathwind Launchers

2x 6 Long Fangs with 5 Missile Launchers

TITHE OF KNIGHT HOUSEHOLDS
Gerantius, the Forgotten Knight

MARTIAN AUXILIARIES
Stormsword

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're Deep Striking, and fucking with Eldar, then surely you need some more Servo Skulls. NOPENOPENOPE to Infiltrate and Scout, not to mention your potential Deep Strike abuse, and because seizing on a 4 is always good even if you don't deploy first.
I don't think that my opponents have any Infiltrators or Scouts (maybe a handful of Rangers?), and the Precise Coordinates asset means nothing scatters on the Deep Strike anyway; we also don't use Seize the Initiative for Apocalypse, and still adhere to the old 'bid for time' method of choosing who deploys first and goes first (call us old fashioned).

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Hey @MidnightSun, how did this go? Did you small elite force of warriors best the filthy xenos?

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
First thought even though the game has proably been played is a lack of models, just a quick count it seems to be only 90 or so models which in my very limited experience with apocalypse (two games one at 7500 points a side and one that was around 3500), a lack of models isn't the best bet unless you have someone with bodies to threaten and tank the large killy death templates many of which are S10 and Ap2 or less so instant removal of those thunderwolves and grey knight terminators.

but still interested to hear, if my thoughts are completely wrong or unjustified in this case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts