Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in gw yesterday and i overheard a conversation between one of the staff and the manager. The staff member was asking for holiday in august and the manager said he was lucky because apocalypse had been put back, and the chaos codex was taking his release spot. He said obviously with a massive release like apocalypse no-one would be allowed to take any holiday. The staffer then said whats apocalypse. The answer was that it was Large scale 40k rules, for have massive battles. He then realised I could hear what was being said and said, i'll tell you more later but don't say anything about it to anyone as were not even allowed to start promoting it yet.

So interesting stuff

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Its a set of rules for 40k for games of 3000 points and over involving Super Heavies.

A Super Heavy for each race will be released in plastic and rumour has it starts with a Baneblade.

I have seen this pop up on a couple of forums now most of which is speculation.

I will get on to my sources and see if I can get some hard facts :wink:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'd quite like to see a tiger shark (One of those flying thingies that kills titans) for Tau.

Anything but a bloody Manta. Flying brick with railguns.... :?

·
Registered
74 Posts
For what it's worth, I've also heard Apocolypse is going to have a big boxset that includes the Baneblade and Stompa. Huge pricepoint, but the CoD big boxset was nearly $200 U.S.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I.ve herd apocolips if a codex with forge world stuff in and in the future there will be plastic baneblades titans etc

·
Registered
999 Posts
Good thing all my armies are 2500 points plus.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Hmmm what does chaos get, a chaos titan :shock: ? idk what super heavies chaos has mainy because ive never seen any, anyone know?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi everyone, i have heard from a friend of mine on the GCN council that there will be two box sets coming out on games day, £100 each both will have the apocalypse rule book in it and one will have a baneblade and one will have a ork stompa. :D :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
I heard that coinciding with Apocalypse the space marines would be getting a plastic drop pod. Make of it what you want. 8)

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I for one really don't wana see the Baneblade in plastic, I play DH so I could quite feasably get one and play IG so its not that I don't want because it will be so good and I can't use it.

I just think that somehting that big should not be a everyday gaming peice, if you have it in plastic every man and his dog will have it. And yes I know that you can only have it in games of 2500+ but you will have everybody going 'well if you let me use mine you can just have a proxy one'. Some things should only be used on special occasions. :|

·
Registered
74 Posts
It won't be an everyday gaming piece, most likely. Apocolypse should be an expansion, like CoD. You need to play Apocolypse to play the Super Heavies.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
True but as I said before I think you will get a lot of players using them anyway because they have the miniatures (I'm not just refering to Baneblades here), I mean why would you buy the tank if you only got to use it one or twice a year. My predictictoins is that a lot of the time you will have them on the table just because the miniature is there.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Jacobite said:
True but as I said before I think you will get a lot of players using them anyway because they have the miniatures (I'm not just refering to Baneblades here), I mean why would you buy the tank if you only got to use it one or twice a year. My predictictoins is that a lot of the time you will have them on the table just because the miniature is there.
I don't really see the problem with this, everyone likes to use the models that they've paid a lot of money for. I even use my Wraithguard occasionally. If the point-size is high enough, then let them use what the hell they want. I hardly think that we'll suddennly see rashes of 2,500 point battles springing up everywhere, so I doubt you 'll be seeing Baneblades/Superheavies on every table.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I seriously doubt that I'll be getting into super heavies. I hate painting vehicles so the thought of a baneblade just makes me ill.

However I'd like to play against one :lol:

·
Registered
999 Posts
Ehh...I already have an Armorcast WarHound.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts