Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in anticipation for Apoc next month I picked up a Stormlord for my Sisters army. Now I've gotten it assembled save for the sponsons and I was wonder what the best configuration for it is before I got and start building sponsons or anything else for it. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
Wait a month and see what new/old options the new apoc rules have

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
Unless you plan to paint the whole thing in a day you could get so bigger magnets this week. Even built it wouldn't take much effort to setup.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unless you plan to paint the whole thing in a day you could get so bigger magnets this week. Even built it wouldn't take much effort to setup.
Actually the place that carries magnets doesn't have the heavier ones, so it wouldn't be this week, and it'd be better to do it with the vehicle not assembled so I could use sprue bits and put it all in a better position.

As is, it's not impossible now, but I would prefer to not mar the exterior of the vehicle and have it turn out that I did it needlessly.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
If it can take them, Targeters and Heavy Bolters. If not, Lascannons and Heavy Bolters. Heavy Flamers aren't really worth it as anyone getting that close to a Vulcan Mega Bolter with a transport capacity of 40 (containing Sisters, no less, which makes the Overwatch absolutely fucking brutal) then 2 more Heavy Flamers aren't helping you,

Midnight

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Well, considering how the Stromlord works best when used as a bunker for long-ranged infantry units (such as devastators/havocs/etc.) then I'd give it heavy bolters and lascannons.

Honestly, Super Heavies with non-torrent flamers are pretty silly as they will either never fire them because of the range or they are a SH walker and would much rather jump up and down on something those heavy flamers can't even hurt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts