6 raptors, pw, dual melta
5 bikers, ac, pf, dual melta

HEAVY SUPPORT
Defiler, eccw
Defiler, eccw
3 Oblits

SUPER HEAVY
Brass scorpion

i havent worked out the points for this force yet but thought i'd post the list as its what i have painted and collected atm....

any comments or ideas would be appreciated. i will be playing mainly deathwing or imperial guard....

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Obliterators, Lots of them, nothing beats Oblits at tank hunting, Lascannons/multi-meltas.

I don't know anything else about apocalypse, but i know you'll need those anti-tank.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brass scorpion is a fw model (i made mine sticking 2 defilers together) its basicly a giant titan sized scorpion shaped death engine...

and i thought 10 meltas and a termicide squad and 3 oblits 2 defilers and a super heavy defiler might just cut it?? i even thought i might be going overkill on tank, esp as im looking down the barrell of 75 terminators.... or in excess of 300 guardsmen....

still got a game against guard on friday, will let you know!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Depends if the other guy realises that imperial guard suck without stupid amounts of tanks. guardsmen would get wrecked against marines alone, so i'm assuming you'll be against a fair few leman russ and maticores ect.

But maybe you do have enough anti-tank. Let us know how it goes :)

·
Registered
941 Posts
just for some fun drop the oblits for another defiler! 3 defilers and a giant one, wouldn't that be terifying for your opponent!!?? LOL!:victory:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats an idea iv been toying with, 3 defilers, 3 cc dreads(god bless the ironclad kit), and the scorpion..... that should keep heat of the rhinos :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
just because the guard dont have tanks doesnt make them unable to stand against SM 300 guardsmen?
countless heavy weapons
orders will make your life hell
also depends what kind of list he plays if he uses conscripts combat wont go as well as you think yes yes but guardsmen suck at cc stick a commie lord in the squad and they will hold anything up for the entire game even your precious brass scorpian.
so dont underestimate 300 guardsmen:p good luck in your game anyway:)

·
Registered
941 Posts
thats an idea iv been toying with, 3 defilers, 3 cc dreads(god bless the ironclad kit), and the scorpion..... that should keep heat of the rhinos :)
sounds good. apoc khorne, I get the shivers just say'n that!:biggrin::laugh:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
played deathwing, we did a 4250 game as thats all he could muster, half his army started oon the board and his cc termi's come in via deepstrike. all in all the game went pretty well, i picked up a win. that'll do!! problems i encountered were, 1) defiler vs chainfists (i loose) 2)abaddon and lc terminators backed up by KB's got swamped early on. abaddon did single handedly cleave 3 dreads into pieces and the squad slaughtered 2 cc squads off deathwing but ate s**t to a 3 vindicator combo in turn 3. the game was back and forth until turn 6 however i won by ahnialation in the end. obliterators turned up a little to late but that was no problem as they did thier job well when combined with the termicide squad, a land raider terminus ultra and 3 vindicators between them...

next up is guard, i have heard talk of 3 rus's, 3 rus demolishers, 3 basilisks, yarrick, straken, chenkov, and 3 platoons with 150 conscripts between them.... im fearing the CC prospects of that mob with all its combined abilitys.. everything else is a lascannon.. everything!! im thinkin chosen with flamers in a rhino for this one and send abby straight after thier command squad. my LR wont last past the 2nd turn, even with cover saves from rhino's, and the likes. mark of nurgle for the bikes and plague marines + the chosen are going to have to tie up and cripple the conscripts as best they can.. 9 tanks (6av14) is gunna be a pain but im sure the termicide and oblits can cope.... this next game is on wednesday. hopefully i'll hold my own. not expecting much though:)

·
Registered
941 Posts
congratz on the win, and don't worry aobout mobs of gaurdsmen, every time you wound, it kills because there armor is sooooooooo bad!:biggrin:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah but chenkov gives them without numbers. starken gives them marine stats. and all the while i'll be getting hammered by artillary!

·
Registered
941 Posts
yeah but chenkov gives them without numbers. starken gives them marine stats. and all the while i'll be getting hammered by artillary!
forgot about those 2, yeah, good luck! sounds like it'll be close!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, i said i'd let you know... and :( i got hammered!! bad DS's cost me big. conscripts were utterly evil, Oblits just didnt show up..... hot shot lasguns in a building raped me!! time for a re-think!!

·
Registered
941 Posts
when you get a new list thought up, post it, we'll all be happy to help!:biggrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts