Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got a couple of questions about apcs.

Do they count towards the Troop #s.

Anyone ever thought of giving Kroots a dedicated transport, I got the idea after one of my friends devastated my Firewarriors with a bunch of berserks and a rhino. I couldn't move my kroots fast enough to counter.

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
They do not count towards the troop numbers. The dedicated transports are like wargear options for a unit. To get one you do need to purchase it via a troop though. There is a few transports that are not dedicated transports but they occupy heavy support or fast attack slots instead. Do the Kroot have a dedicated transport option?

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
No, they do not count against the FOC. No, you cannot take one for Kroot, although as far as I know, there's nothing stopping you taking a Devilfish for a unit of Fire Warriors and then putting Kroot in it later.

Midnight

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
The downside of that is they'll die like kittens in a sack if the Devilfish explodes with them in it. Plus you can't assault out of it.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah I looked up the DT rules and kroot gear after I posted this, been busy trying to get home network to work currently borrowing from a neighbor.

The devilfish says it's troop, is that true or is it actually other.

Can you upgrade the gear for a dt, just add points on for them.

I know the dangers of apcs and anti tanks, I'm a practitioner of destroying them, God Emperor I love the imagined smell of burnt heretic and adamantium in the mourning. It's just some times one slips through and it turns out they have a present in the form of a bunch of frothing madmen.

I just want a little bit more speed with my kroots.

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
The Devilfish is listed as a Dedicated Transport, not Troop in the dex. Kroot do not have the option to buy one in their listing. To get one for your Kroot you would have to field a Fire Warrior squad and buy the Devilfish for them. Then stick your Kroot in it.

As to upgrades to the Devilfish, it has what stuff it can buy listed in it's section.

All of this is on page 99 of the dex.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
That's going to stop working in two weeks because the new codex means SMs will be rolling for their powers like everyone else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts