Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know an AP 1 weapon adds a +1 to the vehicle damage chart (melta gun)
and an AP- weapon is a -1, but what weapons are AP-

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Many weapons are AP-. It tends to be weapons that have more of a splash effect rather than punching through armour, and is not related to the S of the weapon. Devourers in the Tyranid codex are AP- for example, as are 8 other weapon choices in that codex. Some of these AP- weapons are S6, and all the way down to S1, so there is no real way to generalise.
I don't think there are any AP- weapons in the other armies I collect, so others will have to give you that info.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks for that lads.
just another quickie. Would i be right in saying all other Ap weapons except for AP1 and AP- would have no modifier on the vehicle damage damage table, i.e AP2,AP3,AP4.....ETC?

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Not as nice as the one on the new Carnifex: S6 AP- Assault 6 Twin-linked :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Just for reference:

BBB Pg 20 AP- never negate an armour save
BBB Pg 61 AP- -1 to vehicle damage chart.

Ap- and AP1 are the only AP values that appear on pg 61, so those would be the only weapons that affect the damage chart. There is of course the glancing hit (-2), so I think the wost you can get is -3 and the best is +2 (AP1 plus open-topped)? Or has someone got a stupid weapon that gives them more?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Just for reference:

BBB Pg 20 AP- never negate an armour save
BBB Pg 61 AP- -1 to vehicle damage chart.

Ap- and AP1 are the only AP values that appear on pg 61, so those would be the only weapons that affect the damage chart. There is of course the glancing hit (-2), so I think the wost you can get is -3 and the best is +2 (AP1 plus open-topped)? Or has someone got a stupid weapon that gives them more?
Strength D Ap 1 versus Open Topped. +3.

But that's apocalypse.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Knight Commander Pask, on a Leman Russ which remained stationary, firing a Multimelta Sponsor at an open topped vehicle:
+3 to Damage Roll
(Ap 1, Crack Shot, Open Topped)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Knight Commander Pask, on a Leman Russ which remained stationary, firing a Multimelta Sponsor at an open topped vehicle:
+3 to Damage Roll
(Ap 1, Crack Shot, Open Topped)
There you have it! ORKS BEWARE!:laugh:

·
Registered
172 Posts
There you have it! ORKS BEWARE!:laugh:
Altho it is rather nasty i would like to remind you that a trukk (or even a battlewagon from the rear) can be shot up by a volley of bolter fire..... so its not to impressive :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts