Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in the process of painting both the Orks and Marines from AoBR. Since this is my first attempt at painting an army I am trying to learn things as I go along. Because of this, I have had to go back and redo things multiple times. It has been slow going so far but they are defiantly coming along faster now, and I think I am satisfied with the 5 I have done. Anyway I have been working on these models for about a month. I have 5 Orks boys completed and another 5 that are almost complete, the last 10 just have a black base-coat and the skin started.

These are the 5 that are complete.

These 5 Need a little more work and need to be based.

Here are the remaining 10 Boyz and 5 primed Nobz.

I may go back and add on some checkers or other details but I haven't decided yet.

I have my Squad of Tactical Marines about half-way done. I will get some pics of them added when I get back to painting them again.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
damn dude, thos are pritty sweet for a first attempt :D

i know some people who have been playing for 10 years and cant get them looking as good as yours, well done sir :D

+rep

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looking good considering it's your first attempt. You're doing the right thing sorting them out in batches of 5- particularly with Orks, it gets a bit disheartening when you have huge pile of the things sitting there to paint

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I managed to get a total of 15 Orks and 4 Ultra Marines done before moving on to my Dark Angels army. I am not giving up on the Ork, just moving them to the back burner.\

Here are a couple shots of what I managed to get done.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
these are really good considering you are just starting out. You may want to look at weathering the orks especially on their metal parts because they look a little clean to be orks. Other than that they look really good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts