Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Very nice, I especially like the shading on the loincloth :)

Perhapse a little more rust/battle damage on the Power Klaw. You know, paint chips on the red, and a little staining around the bolts etc.

Otherwise, a very nice paintjob :good:

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Nice work on the ork warboss and I agree that the shading on the loin cloth is well done. I also quite like the green tone of the skin but I would have to agree that the claw could do with some 'dirtying' up.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The skin was simple to do. I based in Dark Angel green and then semi-dry brushed a 3:1 Scorpion green/Skull White over it..then did a 1:1 Scorpion green/skull white for highlighting the skin..veins, ridges on the face, etc..and then washed it all with a thinned down Ogryn Flesh to darken it and dirty up the skin a little. Cant see it in the picture, but the recesses are brownish because it just looks better than leaving the DA green as the shadowing.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Looking good. Those AoBR models are always miscast in some way, but as I commented earlier to an AoBR Marines post, it's always cool to see them crafted in to something easy on the eyes. I agree the metals and wire insulation look a little too clean for an Ork. A little more wear and tear as far as color is concerned would go a long way, but it looks excellent otherwise.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The metals in the picture are washed out by the sun. In person, they look alot dingier and rusty. The cables, yeah. I agree, but I'm not really sure how to give them some more wear and tear..I've tried washing them..looked like crap. Atleast with a brown wash. I could always try another color wash and see how it looks..

Edit: trying brown wash again..a little heavier this time. Wet, it looks good, but we'll see how it looks when it dries.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I wouldnt wash the cables - it makes them look blotchery and odd...

Id covern then in a darker version of what youv got, and layer some drybrushing on them. That gives you the same darkness in the recesses, but with a 'cleaner' finish.

Also, the reds need a bit of highlighting in my opinion. Could just be the light, but they look a little flat (the faceplate and the powerklaw, not the trousers - they look great :))

Otherwise, the rusting on the bare metal looks ace :)
Nice job.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
I like it, good work. However, the metals could stand another light wash, nothing big but it might just give it a bit more character.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The red plates on the gun and klaw..ya. I was wondering about highlighting that. Thanks. I'll get that done. :)

I washed the cables already. It came out pretty good this time. Not splotchy and bad, fairly even overall and it looks very dirty. I'm happy with it.

So just a little highlighting on the claw and maybe another wash on it..same for the shoota..and its done.

Any other suggestions? If not, I'll get it done and clearcoat 'er.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts