Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i am looking for somthing rather odd.....Pumpkins for my vampire counts army! I have seen lots of skulls and so on but since im doing a halloween theme i need lots of pumpkin's to put on my bases (And to make my Pumpkin Cart) so i was wondering if anyone knows where i could get some that might work? (takes way to long to green stuff the amount i will need)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Your best bet is to get hold of the molds cake-decorators use for sugarcraft. this site sells sheets of 20 1" moulds for $2.49 - then just greenstuff/plaster and pop them out 20 at a time.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Just did a quick search for you and this came up from Reaper Miniatures

Not sure of the size, but usual Reaper scale and the price would suggest they are ideal sized, though not the cheapest way.

For generic pumpkins I would take the suggestion of resin casting, buy a cheap kit (not sure of a supplier near you but there are loads on the internet) and make a few green stuff masters - then cast till your heart is content. Alternatively - commision someone with a casting kit, they shouldnt be costing you more than $0.5 each even on a commision.

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
You could also try this site LINK it is for cake a sugar molding.

I would also try the doll house miniture stuff. Halloween is just around the corner so you may want to wait and check the dollar stores or retail stores for stuff. I don't know if you have any specialty halloween stores like Spirit Halloween stores but they carry everything halloween related.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Just started getting into sugar craft(wife is an awesome baker) its fething hard, sugar paste is a complete bitch to work with.
*off topic*
Not really the trick is to use corn starch when working with sugar paste. Put the cornstarch on the work surface, whatever tool you are going to use and your hands it keeps it from sticking. Put the sugar paste into the mold then place the mold into the freezer for an hour. After an hour remove from freezer then remove the sugar paste from the mold and let air harden overnight.

*on topic*

A quick search on ebay found these little ceramic ones.
Ebay

1 - 13 of 13 Posts