Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just wondering, is anyone a birdwatcher here? I love birds, and was wondering weather any fellow wargamers watch wildlife.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
i watch the occasional documentory about snakes (love them) but not really a bird fan apart from the Harpie eagle

·
Registered
177 Posts
ive got an interest in birds of prey havnt been able to get into it properly i try to watch documentries about em. i also when to a show and it was really informative.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I watch them through my 3-9x50 SMK scope moments before I put a stop to their miserable existance.

My roof garden has the "Kill Zone" chalked on it. Birds rarely leave.
Nice to here you've got a scope. Just wondering, what do you mean by "Birds rarely leave it"?

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
when I walk down the street and see a bird with a nice pair of legs I can't help but watch.................or do you mean feathered birds?

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I like to go take pictures of birds... the Everglades are a great spot for it. It's an interesting challenge to get a good picture of them sometimes, and when they come out well, they're really impressive.

The birds that live around here though... they're mostly junky little common birds like pidgeons and robins and stuff. While I periodically feel a little guilty for being cruel to animals, my airsoft gun is somewhat wasted sitting on the shelf, and it's funny to see a pidgeon take a 380FPS blast from an airsoft shotgun. The feathers go everywhere... it's not fatal to them, either... it just hurts them like a motherf*cker, so I guess it's okay in the end.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My wife and I watch birds in the backyard..we have 4 feeders of different sorts..hell we even name the little beggars..I'm allowed to shoot blackbirds and squrriels..nothing else..the small birds don't even miss a beat when I down one of the shitbirds..they fly off and come right back..the shitbirds are learning though..if the door moves they move quite fast..heh heh.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ruddy hell, I didn't know most the people using this forum were murderers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I watch and own birds. No I don't shoot them. If it can't shoot back what's the fun. The only time I'm using a scope is for night vision so I can see the more interesting critters running around. The only killing I accept is when it's critter on critter, this huge bird of prey nails pigeons from my roof. This is one of the biggest reasons I don't shoot them he stays around cause there are loads of birds to eat. I do how ever shot humans at point blank range with a tweaked paint rifle when I see them zeroing in on a chipmunk or other fuzzy/feathered critter.

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Human Beings have been hunting and killing for centuries. It's in our nature to "bring the pain" and slaughter "innocent" young creatures. Like Bunnies. The cute fluffy kind that dig holes in my horses field and break their legs...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah but we have been slaughtering each other too. I'm not a vegan nor am I vegetarian. I'm not against killing cause you have to, it's the doing it for sport that sits badly with me. I your position I'd set up habitats for hawks and let them do the hunting. Unless you have way too much time and can shoot all the bunnies or use poison which is dangerous to the horses I'm not seeing the bunnies going away otherwise.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's a funny comment Vlad..ever have someone shoot at you? I'm not talking about a paintball gun or a airsoft gun..talking about the real thing..it's everything but fun..sure you laugh about it after..your alive and hopefully so are your squadmates..not ragging on you dude..just letting you know it's not all fun and games.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well, most of my mum's side of the family are bird watchers, but it's never trickled down to me. Birds are cool, but not cool enough to watch in my opinion.

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
You could come visit the kill-zone cccp. Bring bread.

I live on a main street. You're legally allowed to fire an air rifle in your own garden as long as the round doesn't leave the premises.

Main streets = pigeons. Pigeons = fun.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts