Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And if you do, could you tell me where i finished??? we had to leave early to get back to devon so i couldnt get the details of how i did.

My name is Ian Woolfenden Ticket no 034

if anyone could give me a full list of the results id really appreciate it.

cheers

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
29th, you qualified.

gaming total 111, VPs 5612

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Hey Koppo, any idea where I came?

Paul Smith, Ticket 74.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I don't suppose someone could scan the whole list?:D

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Four CSM lists in the top 10 is interesting but not hugely significant, statistically. In other recent tournies there have been more orks and/or daemons. Those three seem to be the top performers at the moment, but it's interesting to see a couple of eldar guys in the mix and some nids.

Still no sign of marines though. I'd also be interested to see the whole list to see whether it backs up my "marines are rubbish" theory... as I try to build a marine list.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I think marines have the potential to be good.

The thing about Marines is that they are jack of all trades but masters of none. They are middle of the road for firepower and hth, but are nearer the top end points wise.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Whether you think they are any good or not, and how to do better with them, is best discussed in the tactics forum I think. For now I'm just curious how they did this weekend.

It was the baltimore GT that started the question, so I'm wondering if things are the same this side of the pond.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Ok fair enough. Half the top ten starts to look silly. To be fair though more people in other recent tournaments have been up there with daemons and orks as well.

Four of the bottom 10 are space marines too. Hmm.

Eldar seem to have put in a much better showing than in other recent events. There hardly seemed to be any in baltimore but here are a few, and with some very good placings.

We'll see what happens in the finals. Of course, there won't be many marine players there...

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Five chaos marines. The chaos demons is an error.
wow, CSM are really doing well. I wonder if they're all double lash armies, or what sort of setup they have?

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
wow, CSM are really doing well. I wonder if they're all double lash armies, or what sort of setup they have?
I'd be willing to bet there's at least one Lash Prince in every one of those lists, if not two. Those that have only one probably have Abaddon instead.

Oh, I mean the top ten lists, not the bottom ones.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd be willing to bet there's at least one Lash Prince in every one of those lists, if not two. Those that have only one probably have Abaddon instead.

Oh, I mean the top ten lists, not the bottom ones.

I finished 10th with 2 lash princes, and the other 3 CSM armies had 2 lash princes and 1 had only one lash prince.

No Abaddon in any list btw! too pricey at 1500pts - you can get 1.5 lash princes for that:biggrin:

@Someguy: not surprised that eldar did well, they have very competitive builds for 5th Ed, even more than 4th imo. Best armies seem to be CSM, Orks, Nidzilla and Eldar.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
9 Lash princes in the top 10 then. Ok.

@Someguy: not surprised that eldar did well, they have very competitive builds for 5th Ed, even more than 4th imo. Best armies seem to be CSM, Orks, Nidzilla and Eldar.
That sounds about right. I'm not surprised to see eldar doing well, rather I was surprised not to see them at the Baltimore GT. Seeing them back doing well here confirms that they remain a competitive army. They are certainly the most resistant to lash, though I had some doubts about their ability to reliably get troops onto objectives.

·
Registered
61 Posts
9 Lash princes in the top 10 then. Ok.

That sounds about right. I'm not surprised to see eldar doing well, rather I was surprised not to see them at the Baltimore GT. Seeing them back doing well here confirms that they remain a competitive army. They are certainly the most resistant to lash, though I had some doubts about their ability to reliably get troops onto objectives.
They probably have the best array of troop mainly guardians, avenger and jetbikes. all 3 are quite mobile and going to ground helps loads. 2+ cover jetbikes:biggrin: i felt over the weekend that troop spam does not help at all, you need 2-3 troop units max and fill the rest of the army with killy killy!

@the cabbage - i dont think lash princes are the new seer council, i will leave that to the Orks:eek:k: Lash is great but if you get unlucky it really hurts, like my first game against an average marine list, i was so unlucky with casting/saves i lost and sadly the army relies on a fair amount of it:angry:

Everyone had fairly different lash builds (bar 2 prince and some oblits) but orks are far easier to use imo.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.