Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
figured I'd share one of my favorite resources, World Guns.ru, a russian based site that catalogus and describes thousands of modern firearms from around the world.

Yes, it's not technically an RPG site, but since most games have pretty consistent damage stats based on caliber and ROF can be extrapolated from diving rounds per minute by how many game turns are in a minute, etc it's pretty easy to stat up some crazy cool guns. Only thing it doesn't list is price, which is generally pretty subjective based on setting anyhow.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's generally not a lot of difference, but it tells you stuff like how many rounds they typically hold, how much they weigh, that sort of things. Some games like Cyberpunk really get into the minutia, others just go for standard 'this type of gun has these stats'

Mainly it just helps you find really unique guns like the South African shotguns the Neostad and the Mag7, which are so cool I built a character around them

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
I've come across that site before. Always did want to try out the Federov Avtomat, even if it's in-game.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
There's generally not a lot of difference, but it tells you stuff like how many rounds they typically hold, how much they weigh, that sort of things. Some games like Cyberpunk really get into the minutia, others just go for standard 'this type of gun has these stats'

Mainly it just helps you find really unique guns like the South African shotguns the Neostad and the Mag7, which are so cool I built a character around them
Games like Cyberpunk, however, had the "big book of modern guns" (compendium of modern firearms) that included Interlock damage stats in addition to several other game dice types.
Everything from hush puppies up to RPGs and artillery.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have that book...there's a couple problems. 1: It's pretty dated. Lots of new guns have come on the market in the last 20 years or so, and 3: the system they used in that was weird and complicated and confusing.

Palladium had a similar modern weapons handbook but it suffered from the same problem.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Yes, but given the ammo stats, muzzle length, cyclic RoF, you could use it for extrapolation for any newer weapon. That was kinda the point (which many people apparently missed).

You get issues like that with ANY game, though. Real life doesn't like being sandwiched into smaller than normal statistical brackets.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fair enough. The books are still pretty dated though, while world guns is frequently updated. It's useful is all i'm saying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts