Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Except for Bjorn as hes a dreadnought. Are any of the loyalist astartes from the heresy still alive?

Dante was said to be the oldest marine alive but that was said quite a while ago, dont know if theres been any retcons since then? I know some believe that Azkaellon is the Sanguinor, but even if thats true not sure if that would count.

Are there any examples of marines from that era being trapped in stasis for what ever reason or stuck in the warp like the traitor legionaires? Has it ever been proved an Astartes can die of old age, as Voyen retired from fighting to try and cure nurgles rot, although he could have quite likely been killed trying to study such a volitle plague.

I've not seen any mention of any having lived till now but i cant claim to have read every book, codex or white dwarf where something may have been mentioned

·
Registered
148 Posts
No known. A Istvaan V survivor, Salamander lived with little medical help but he was in bad shape. We may hear about more but the life span of Astartes is a well hashed out topic. I'm sure there is a thread about it here already.

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
No known. A Istvaan V survivor, Salamander lived with little medical help but he was in bad shape. We may hear about more but the life span of Astartes is a well hashed out topic. I'm sure there is a thread about it here already.
if you referring to the salamander in the the novel Salamander, he actually died because they couldn't move his body, so they extracted the seed before the orks made planet fall. Too bad they couldn't get any info out of him.

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
As I understand it, Astartes only live 200 years or so. Probably not.
There hasn't really been any indication as to how old a space marine can live. Space marines usually die out in combat. In the case stated above, most likely he wasn't able to maintain himself with the proper nutrient, updates in armor, and any other physical updates that could have been updated by his chapter.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
The entire 13th Great company..... maybe. WHo, I might add, have been in the field for nearly 10k years.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Night Lords Commander Zso Sahaal and Soulhunter Talos both were alive at the time of their primarch's death.

Both are alive and active during the current 40K Time Period.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Fair point, but I don't consider NL traitor marines, they are loyal to Night Haunter :grin:

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
And the US militia was loyal to Washington during the revolution.... doesn’t mean they were called the loyalists.

·
Registered
138 Posts
So we are agreed that the Imperials are actually the traitors ?
whoot!

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Point is Zho Shall has existed outside the EOT and lived to that age. Astartes are functionally immortal.Iacton Qruze and Nathaniel Garro were bot terran born so they were at least 200 at the heresy. What about calgar, how old is he?

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
No.... In no way. The chaos legions betrayed the imperium.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Astartes are functionally immortal. What about calgar, how old is he?
I wish someone would tell that to the people who made that geratric UM in the CGI movie they have coming out.

I always figured them to be immortal-ish, but I have heard different things from different folks over the years.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
They aren't actually immortal, their body just degrades at a much slower rate, it depends upon the chapter.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts