Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am getting back into 40k and my friend is just starting and we both live in the Chicago suburbs and were looking for a friendly gaming club to play with casually. Thanks!

·
Banned
677 Posts
Hey, whereabouts in the 'burbs? There are a few clubs, but most can be found by hitting your local GW. The Battle Bunker, next to Bed Bath & Beyond in Lombard(on Butterfield) is the biggest and is also massive with like 20 tables, with a table and minis for every GW game made. Saturdays are regular tournaments and its PACKED, better to stop in and check for a veterans night as well. GW Orland Park(in the mall) is has good players, but is REALLY small with only two(3 now?) tables. GW Shorewood(on 59) sports 5 or 6 tables, but the atmosphere is pathetic with the normal tool G-Dub employees.

There are a couple club members on here that'll hopefully speak up too. If you are ever in the Shorewood area, me and a few veterans try to hit that GW every saturday and sunday around 1pm. You just have to ignore the endless sales pitching. =)

Khaine

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Dekalb finishing school and my friend just moved to VIlla Park. So I believe Lombard is just down the street from him. Thanks for the information though Khaine and we definately plan on stopping by soon. What day would you say is our best bet for finding a pickup game or just chatting with ther regulars? :victory:

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts