Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always been a fan of Mechwarrior, and in light of the Adeptus Mechanicus releases, i've been a big crushing robot moods.

Just grabbed the 2014 introduction set and a bit overwhelmed. Can anyone give me their perspective on the system? Maybe a gamer-to-gamer run down. Sometimes its easier to wrap your head around a new system when hearing another gamers take on it.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
I've played a few of the video games and I have a few source books from ages ago, but not much of a real fan. Though I do have large blueprint posters of several mechs. I should probably frame those or something. . . .

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a big Front Mission fan so I was hoping this would be similar. Still delving further into it.

Also, Mech Warrior Online looks awesome!

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
I haven't played that. Mechwarrior for the original xbox was pretty sweet. Far better than the ancient battletech/mechwarrior games from the Commodore/386 days.

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
I used to stomp around on Mech Warrior Online last year.

It is good fun, I would be intrested to get into the TT side of things... but that requires more time!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It LOOKS simple to play. But there's so much depth that it is intimidating. I spent like two hours alone looking at the minis/units last night to determine which I liked best. I got a Fafnir, bear cub, and Lament. On top of what came in the box. It reminds me a lot of Front Mission.

The minis are interesting as it looks to be more about your imagination more than anything else. Even though theres a mini for each mech, everyone has their own idea of how it would look in real life. That's kinda cool.

At least i have my head around 40k, haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts