Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so while we are all waiting about for Scum and villainy to arrive and messing around with at this squad builder I have created what I deem to be the "ultimate" list for a standard 100 point game (and yes therefore it means it probably shouldn't be used all the time if you like having friends)

the list is built around spamming as many proximity mines as possible

So Naturally we have
Emon Azzameen - 36
In Andrasta - 0
proximity mines (3)x3 - 9
Cluster Missiles - 4
Inertial Dampeners - 1

Total 53

Y Wing (Syndicate thug) - 18
Bomb load out
proximity mine - 3

Total 21

(here you could duplicate the y wing for another bomb and use whatever points you have left to spend on Emon)

Z-95 (Pirate) - 12
Inertial Dampeners - 1

Total - 13

Z-95 (Pirate) - 12
Inertial Dampeners - 1

Total - 13

----

The Z-95s are simply to be a screen unit (and probably die) and randomly stop whenever it would screw over whatever it stops (because of the proximity mines)

I'm certain that there are better lists out there. However I was trying to focus on this being a PURELY scum list, in that it would be completely impossible to do these things in a rebel or imperial list.

----

People are welcome to put down their own lists in regards of S&V, or to criticize my own creation.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Looks like a nifty list. The Z's will die horribly! :laugh:

Here's my "M3 Heavy" list that I can't wait to throw at somebody......

M3 Heavy with Flechette Cannon
M3 Heavy with Flechette Cannon
M3 Heavy with HLC
M3 Heavy with Failsafe & Proton Rockets
M3 Heavy with Failsafe & Proton Rockets

99pts :good:

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I was thinking of making a list of the same models once they come out, this looks pretty beefcake. My other S&V thoughts revolve around a dual IG-2000 list but I haven't quite worked out how I want that to play.

·
Registered
409 Posts
IG-88 - Veteran Instincts, Advanced Sensors, Heavy Laser Cannon, Feedback Array, IG-2000 title
IG-88B - Predator, Advanced Sensors, Heavy Laser Cannon, Feedback Array, IG-2000 title

100 points.

Yes please.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I've made a few lists revolving around IG-88B and D but this is my favourite.

Aggressor -43
IG-88B -36
-IG-2000 -0
-Heavy Laser Cannon -7

Aggressor -43
IG-88D -36
-IG-2000 -0
-Heavy Laser Cannon -7

Z-95 Headhunter -14
Binayre Pirate -12
-Dead Man's Switch -2

The two Aggresors pack the punch here with the poor pirate flying interference.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I'm avoiding all mention of it until it's released, then I'll build stuff with what I find in the boxes - I don't want to have preconceived ideas planted in my head by the internet. Much more fun working it all out by yourself for a while! :grin:

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm avoiding all mention of it until it's released, then I'll build stuff with what I find in the boxes - I don't want to have preconceived ideas planted in my head by the internet. Much more fun working it all out by yourself for a while! :grin:
Very true Sethis, and I commend you for being able to stick to that.

However I happen to see 3am far more that I like, and things start to get thought upon by midnight madmen.:laugh:

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Well it's not a condemnation of people who do! I just spent most of the last 6 years running my 40k hobby around "what the internet thinks" and I want to be more casual with my X-Wing play. Although that may not be apparent from my posts so far... :p

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the sneak peaks at the upcoming cards I don't view as "internet net listing" and I am far and above doing that (on purpose, building towards a tie swarm was not something I wanted to do to be a dick, more of a "I must break you" attitude since I am the honorable Empire.)

----

I don't really think that my OP list is that "amazing", I just think that being a dick with so many proximity mines will mess with everyone - and who doesn't love havoc?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just because I think it would be fun at 100 points.

N'Dru Suhlak+assault missiles+veteran instincts= 24

5 Black Sun z95 pilots+dead mans switch= 75

total= 99 points

The Idea is to flank with N'Dru and put the z95's in range 1. The idea is to use mass explosion with my own guys to kill the enemy with always trying to keep the z95's in the dog fight to maximize the explosion powers

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Given that the release is pretty much around the corner, I've thrown this together as Scum Control:

Laetin A'shera (18)
Ion Cannon (3)
Stealth Device (3)
"Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (Cannon) (2)

Serissu (20)
Squad Leader (2)
Flechette Cannon (2)

Syndicate Thug (18)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Syndicate Thug (18)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Total: 100

Low red dice count per attack (max of 3 per shot) but all 4 are pumping out Ion and the Ys are doing it at the same time as their normal shots. Laetin never dies with potential for a permanent 4 green dice with Focus and a regenerating Evade with a reroll! Serissu is going to be target number 1 for the enemy, but not much I can do about it, unfortunately.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not a bad list Sethis, not bad at all.

I am not a big fan of the M3-A's but they seem to work nicely in that list.

·
8,723 Posts
Can't wait to get my grubby mitts on those M3's I've ordered :good:

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Ultimately I'm not really sold on the Cannon A3s - you're paying a premium in points just for the privilege of mounting a cannon on a very slightly better TIE... You're 33% more expensive with the cheapest loadout.

However I do like the concept of 2x Flechette Cannon, 2x Ion cannon and 1x HLC in a squadron... even if it dies really easily to Phantoms.

·
8,723 Posts
2x Flechette Cannon, 2x Proton Rockets & Failsafe and 1x HLC.

99pts. Brutal Alpha-Strike followed by a rapid death! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Given that the release is pretty much around the corner, I've thrown this together as Scum Control:

Laetin A'shera (18)
Ion Cannon (3)
Stealth Device (3)

Serissu (20)
Squad Leader (2)
Flechette Cannon (2)

Syndicate Thug (18)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Syndicate Thug (18)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Total: 100

Low red dice count per attack (max of 3 per shot) but all 4 are pumping out Ion and the Ys are doing it at the same time as their normal shots. Laetin never dies with potential for a permanent 4 green dice with Focus and a regenerating Evade with a reroll! Serissu is going to be target number 1 for the enemy, but not much I can do about it, unfortunately.
I've been playing a rebel control list lately, so I'm really excited to see if the Scum control list will be as fun. Currently I'm looking at a list similar to the one you're proposing:

24 Serissu w/ Hull + Determination
25 Syndicate Thug w/ IonT + R4 Agromech + BTL-A4 Y-Wing

This gives your opponent a difficult decision. He either concentrates on Serissu, thus leaving your damage dealers alive, or he goes for the buffed Syndicate Thugs, which are quite tough given Serissu's buff. Either way it benefit's you.

The Syndicate Thugs are also quite capable damage dealers, especially when you factor in the ease of getting R1 shots and the superb R4 agromech. Damage-wise they're not quite as good as an attack 3 gun, but the ion effect and ability to strip tokens more than makes up for this in my mind.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So IT HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!

Pickup up a Starviper, and the Most Wanted sets tonight.

Interesting card was in the Starviper box, a medal card "Calulation" its basically a small version of Marksmanship, change 1 Focus result into a Crit when attacking, for 1 point.

No mangler cannons in either box though...sad face (Outrider wanted one)

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Interesting card was in the Starviper box, a medal card "Calulation" its basically a small version of Marksmanship, change 1 Focus result into a Crit when attacking, for 1 point.
I actually really like that card.

18 Green w/ Calculations + Refit

I'll be spamming these when I get my copy to make all the decimators sadface.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Got mine yesterday, two of everything.

What I'm most looking forward to is the new cannons, actually! Nice to have something other than HLC or Ion to play around with.

18 Green w/ Calculations + Refit
You can fit 3 in with Etahn, all of them with PTL for double token stacking if you want to go super crit happy!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Mangler comes with IG-2000, I've been using a card stock version of it with Outrider for the last week. Absolutely LOVING it.

THEY SHOWED UP AT THE STORE GUYS I'M OUT. (just so happens that my buddy and I had a game planned for today :D)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts